Hunger

Options
Hi All-
Just wondering if anybody has tips to squash hunger pangs. I find that I'm getting pretty hungry when I stay close to my calorie target. I'm not eating any simple carbs, drink lots of water, and eat plenty of fibre. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Replies

• southtaski27
    Options
    I find that if I pick lots of low calorie options like baby carrots, grapes, strawberries, things that I can eat more than one of, I feel fuller...I know it's mental, but still....
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I find if I eat higher protien on my hungry days it helps alot. Maybe add some natural peanut butter if you like that.And fill up on those veggies they have a low cal count.Cucumber in vineger about a hour before my lunch helps me and a salad before your dinner. Just play around with it and see what works best,good luck!!
  • Virchap
    Virchap Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Eat protien at every meal. 2 oz chicken breast, or salmon as part of your breakfast. Increase fruit, just to keep energy up. Eat 6 minnie times a day.
  • doramouse
    doramouse Posts: 160
    Options
    warm broth/miso soup
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Aside from fiber, protein and healthy fats will also keep you feeling fuller for longer periods of time. Dairy products like cheese and yogurt contain protein. Beef jerky is also a good source of protein, so long as you're not on a sodium restriction. You can snack on any variety of nuts, usually almonds, peanuts, and such help alleviate hunger pangs. Though, they are calorie dense, so keep it to a minimum of 1 serving, which is usually an ounce.

Alternatively, as already stated, you can snack on low-calorie, nutrient-dense foods like celery, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, smaller fruits like fresh strawberries, cherries, raspberries, and blueberries can help.

You can have those snacks between the 3 main meals of your day, or just have 5 - 6 smaller meals comprised with a variety of balanced food groups about every 3 hours or so.
  • XtLeavitt
    Options
    What really helped me when I first started was lowering my calories slowly. I started out trying to eat the suggested calories on here and I was hungry all the time. So I decided to just get used to logging food first and I gradually started eating less without trying because I was eating better foods. I don't think I would have stuck with it if I had started out eating as little as I do now.
  • conmar51
    conmar51 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions. Thanks for the replies!