I regret...

Options
Hey guys!
Are there any fitness/ food related equipment/ devices, DVD's, shoes, electronic thingys you regret buying? I would love to know! I don't think anyone has started this convo. if so...my bad! lol :^D

Replies

• lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    yeah my stepper, I get sooooooooooo bored, would rather go outside for a walk, oh and also a flexi bar, I stop but everything still keeps moving:laugh:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of sketchers shape ups,I didnt buy them cuz I thought the would magicly slim me up or give me a great butt.I bought them because at the time I was a stocker at wal mart and on my feet ALL the time.They are the most comfy shoes,and I stopped having problems with my feet.Now If i had bought them thinking they would magicly help me lose weight then yeah id probobly be pissed right now lol
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Resistance bands...I prefer dumbbells sooo much more!!
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Great thread idea, BTW...
  • Amazing007
    Options
    @ Polar: yeah i have fitness bands and I really never reach for them. free wights make me feel powerful lol!

My mom actually bought that "bean" thing off of tv. Yeah it works and looks just like the name. Complete waste of money. We use it as an extra seat when everyone is hanging out.
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Shape-Up shoes. Overpriced and now everyone makes them. They don't work for what they are advertised for, but they are good if you stand all day at your job.
  • anakinlover
    anakinlover Posts: 109
    Options
    My treadmill!! I thought I would be on it all the time....yeah...not so much....It's boring to be on at home, without the gym workout buddies beside me. It does make a convenient place for my kids to hang their coats and backpacks on though! ; )
  • Amazing007
    Options
    @ Ana Haha that's what everyone ends up using them for! Yeah, the gym gives me that extra mental push I need to keep going especially if someone beside me is working really hard!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    My balance ball I dont have much room to store it where I work out therefor I dont use it...
  • Clipickett
    Clipickett Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Resistance bands definitely, free weights are so much more effective.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    My mom got the Bean. It takes up space and she NEVER USES IT. Their treadmill at least gets used.
  • minmatt
    minmatt Posts: 62
    Options
    Most protein shakes and everything I've ever bought from nutrition stores... I've spent a lot of money there and I only use one thing consistently but I get talked into buying so much more.
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Shape-Up shoes. Overpriced and now everyone makes them. They don't work for what they are advertised for, but they are good if you stand all day at your job.

I got a pair for Christmas then a couple months later I read an article online that stated that there was no scientific proof that the shoes help tone your legs and butt and that shape-up shoes were BS. Boy was I mad.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Denise Austin Yoga dvd. She is way too annoying!!
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I regret buying the 'Iron Gym' pull-up bar. I purchased it via phone while watching an infomercial on tv. It cost $70 with all the extra crap I ordered plus shipping and handling (they are now on sale in stores for $30 or less, wtf?).
    I put it together, hooked it onto my door, and couldn't even pull myself off the ground.

It now resides in my closet where I stare at it some days hoping that I will gain the upper body strength to be able to use it in the future.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    We have bought so many kitchen gadgets. Rice cooker, Fry Daddy, Ronco Rotisserrie, George Forman Grill, etc., that we built a pantry just for kitchen gadgets when we remodeled. They rarely come out of the pantry. I can prepare almost anything with a Spatula, Tongs, Cleaver, Cast Iron skillet, satuee pan or casserole dish.
  • shellyxxxxx
    shellyxxxxx Posts: 143
    Options
    i bought one of those vibro plates where they promise to shake the fat off you , yeh right not touched abit of fat off me what a waste of money that was im just sticking with my dvds from now on and of course my fav thing my wii x
  • Chrizzle21
    Chrizzle21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Denise Austin Yoga dvd. She is way too annoying!!

hahah!
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Malibu Pilates Chair. I have a reformer and though this would be a good addition. I thought wrong.
  • bigcurt61
    bigcurt61 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for some one to say the shake weight, ab roller contraption, the ab belt (electro-stimulation), water weights, etc.