I can finally call myself a "runner." YAY!

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
So I can finally run 45-50 minutes without stopping. I ran 45 mins today but I know I could've easily ran an hour. I feel AMAZING and I am so proud of myself that I can finally do this. I can remember being winded after running for 2 mins and now I can go for long periods. I'm not very fast but I am running. Sorry, just had to share! :)

Replies

• kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the great work!!! <3
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    its a great feeling, huh? congrats
  • Sharonbed4d
    Sharonbed4d Posts: 163
    Options
    That's great! I'm an avid runner but not very fast either. It doesn't matter how fast it is to the finish but the mere fact that you finish!
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! WAY TO GO!!!
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am jealous! LoL, I hope I can be there one day!
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    So happy you shared! Congratulations...I am in the same boat as you as I am a new runner and can run about the same time as you. I also signed up for my first 5k in May and am super motivated and excited about that. Are you planning on any races?
  • mollie526
    Options
    Congrats! I am trying to get there myself. I am up to 4 min :) Slowly but surely I will get there. Any tips?
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    that's an incredible achievement - way to go! nothing in the world feels better :)
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    I'm getting back into running also and it's going to be great to run an hour without stopping.
    Keep up the excellent work!
  • ican♥and♥iwill
    ican♥and♥iwill Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome.

And I thought I was awesome with my 12 minute mile - haha. :laugh:
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    That is really great. I have gone out and tried running and barely make it to the end of the block before I am out of breath and hurting all over.
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! And I'm so jealous!! I used to run - back in the day - and am on my way there once again! You sparked that little flame in me so hopefully by the time summer rolls around I can run with you!! :wink:
  • mddaughter
    mddaughter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!
  • SJT75
    SJT75 Posts: 134
    Options
    Congratulations! thats a great achievement....i'm trying to get up to an hour i managed 35 mins the other day but still have some way to go.....you're an inspiration xxxx
  • jessica6335
    Options
    Congrats! I hope to get to that point sometime myself! :)
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Congrats! I am trying to get there myself. I am up to 4 min :) Slowly but surely I will get there. Any tips?

I would suggest trying to increase the amount of time you run each week, even if it's only a minute or 2 and don't increase until you can run that number of minutes comfortably. That's what I did and it worked! Good luck to you!!!!!!!
  • eoisom
    eoisom Posts: 14
    Options
    I'd love to be where you are one day! I'm still one of those that can only run for 2 min before "nearing my dealth" LOL! HOW DID YOU DO IT??? I started off doing a walk/run program and failed. Please shed some light on your sucess.

CONGRATULATIONS though! Such a huge accomplishment!
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    So happy you shared! Congratulations...I am in the same boat as you as I am a new runner and can run about the same time as you. I also signed up for my first 5k in May and am super motivated and excited about that. Are you planning on any races?

Nah, I just like to get out and run by myself and enjoy being ALONE. LOL!
  • jjjohns
    jjjohns Posts: 27
    Options
    Great job! I am also a runner - currently nursing a bad knee - but hoping to get back to it soon. My goal is 5 miles a day.
  • Nlofton
    Nlofton Posts: 3
    Options
    Great Job it is very hard I know because I just started running and I am only running 20 minutes at a time and it is hard! I plan to push for 30 mins in 2 weeks and eventually being able to run 60 mins!!!! I am so proud of u keep it up and u should share this and feel so proud that u are able to accomplish that cause it is a hard thing to do!!!!!!! CONgraTULATionS!!!!!!!!!!!!!