Zig Zagging?

Options
B2BB
B2BB Posts: 222 Member
Im testing it out, but only on day 4. Has anyone tried it?

Replies

• PattiPositive
    Options
    I saw it, and it looks ok. But I haven't tried it. I feel it may work.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I was just about to start a post about this. I am on 1370 cals but my weigh loss has slowed in the last month.

Do I eat the same amount of cals (9590) per week, just change up the amount each day.
    Do I still eat exercise cals back as usual.
    How long do I zig zag for?
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    An associate of mine did this and it broke her plateau. You eat the same amount of calories you would normal eat, but instead of eating about the same amount daily (say 1500), you eat Monday 1800, Tuesday 1300, Wednesday 1500, Thursday 1400, Friday 1700, Saturday, 1300, and Sunday 1500. Both total the same amount of calories weekly (10,500). The zig zagging keeps your body guessing.
  • Kaye8395BTS
    Kaye8395BTS Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it since the beginning of the year.... I was stuck for 2 months (normal for my journey, every 10-20 lb loss I would plateau) and since the 1st of the year I have been following a very ridged 5 day a week 1200 calorie plan and not so much on Saturdays and Sundays. So, mine may be a bit different than the actual "zig zag" method, but I had tried this method in the past and it worked very well. I have adapted my own system and have had tremendous success in the past 10 weeks losing about another 20 lbs. I recommend trial and error and figuring what works for you, everyone is different.
  • B2BB
    Options
    B2BB

Ive been testing thus zig zagging method here is some info on it. I'll let u know how it goes,lol. I just know keeping my cal intake to the same # even if it gives me a deficit has me at a stand still. This method doesn't sound like a crazy fix and makes sense and give me days to indulge a little without feeling bad lol.

'Your body is an amazing machine that is remarkably adaptable to any situation or environment. Your body likes to stay in a state of equilibrium and will always fight your efforts to change.
    Fortunately, there is a way you can “trick” your body into keeping your metabolic rate up while you’re dieting for fat loss – It’s called the zig zag method and it’s without question the most powerful fat burning technique ever developed.
    You must have a deficit to lose fat, but what you don’t want is a large deficit for a long period of time. The way to “outsmart” your body’s starvation response is to avoid prolonged calorie deficits. You simply drop into a calorie deficit for a brief period of three days, then – before your body has a chance to decrease your metabolic rate– you raise your calories back up to maintenance level (or even above maintenance) for one to three days. You then repeat this process until you reach your desired body fat percentage.
  • B2BB
    Options
    Here is a link to calculate the zig zag pattern for u http://www.naturalphysiques.com/tools.php?itemid=64
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Please keep us updated how you go.
    Thanks for the link
  • B2BB
    Options
    Np, its much easier to go through when u have people who understand and don't say I'm crazy lol. Add me here or on fb http://www.facebook.com/Burns2bBeautiful
  • MissPiggy0718
    Options
    irene,do u think i should try the more complex version or simple? & just so im reading the chart correctly u eat the amount of calories listed in the column of what your tryiing to achieve right.......if your doing extreme fat loss u stick to that column of calories,or if your doing just fat loss u would stick to that column of calories right?
  • dieseljay74
    dieseljay74 Posts: 376
    Options
    I've been doing it for a few weeks now. As soon as I started it, I got results right away. It's been the most effective plan for me!
  • B2BB
    Options
    YEAH WHATEVER YOUR GOAL IS GO OFF THE COLUMN IT'S IN. SO FAR SO GOOD FOR MY ZIG ZAGGING, IT'S DAY 5 AND I'M TRYING TO MAINTAIN:-)
  • B2BB
    Options
    TRAYS AWESOME DIESELJAY THAT'S VERY ENCOURAGING, IT LOOKING GOOD SO FAR FOR ME TOO:-)
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    After doing just a little bit of research online....I'm kind of ready to try this...although I think I unintentionally do it and wind up going way over what I need for the week...I'm going to give it a shot. How's it working so far?
  • B2BB
    Options
    So far so good, I was actually nervoys cuz of really high intake on some days. But I have been going good give or take a few cals and even being full and havnt gained and ounce. I'm gonna try it for another week and then take my measurements and fat %, but I'm on day 5, my goal is to maintain while cutting fat and building muscle, and I steady at 127. The real test is getting my body fat%, ill keep u posted.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    bump
  • B2BB
    Options
    Bump?? Ya lost me lol