How much fat should one take in, in a day?

Options
I was noticing my weight loss slowed down, so I looked at the past 6 months and even though I was within what I was suppose to have for the day in calories, fat, protein etc.. I wasn't losing anymore. I did notice that my fat intake was always just below what I was suppose to have for the day around 50, maybe I'm taking in too much fat? How much fat should one take in for weight loss a day, does anyone know out there???

Replies

• LaJauna
    LaJauna Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I was noticing my weight loss slowed down, so I looked at the past 6 months and even though I was within what I was suppose to have for the day in calories, fat, protein etc.. I wasn't losing anymore. I did notice that my fat intake was always just below what I was suppose to have for the day around 50, maybe I'm taking in too much fat? How much fat should one take in for weight loss a day, does anyone know out there???
    It depends on which plan you are following! I am a low carber and my fat calories comprise 75% of my daily calories! Then protein at 20% and then carbs at 5%. I never have to count calories if I keep my ratio in this range. I feel full and have no cravings.
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    It's probably more of an overall calorie/exercise question. I eat well over 200g of fat every day and am leaner now than ever, because I'm putting out more than I'm taking in overall. I would suggest looking at your carbs as possibly more of a problem than fat. Sugar is the biggest enemy overall IMO - cut it out and you'll be happier I think.
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not public so I can't take a look at what you've been eating. If you want some more exact tips, open it up and message me.
  • smpadilla
    smpadilla Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I appreciate it! It's open now.
  • sarrah2903
    Options
    My personal trainer says no more than 15g saturated fat per day and 70g polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat combined.

He also advised that that you should have about 20g of protein per day.