I've gotten over my mini plateau

Options
Jackie_W
Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
After having trouble for the past week with the scales not moving in the right direction or staying put, I'm pleased to say, I've managed to lose that extra pound I gained plus a couple more this week :bigsmile:

I've kept my blood sugar between 5-7 for the past 2 weeks too - got my 1st appointment with my diatician this Friday, i'm finally looking forward to it - expecially as I've lost 15lbs since I had a reality check at the doctors.

Only thing now is, i've got a stinking cold from being out in a tent on a very cold night least week, been dosing myself up with paracetamol and feel kinda sorry for myself. Going to have soup for lunch as my throat is now sore too :cry: I've decided that I'm going to curl up in front of the TV this afternoon - when I finish work and watch a girlie flick - with nothing in my hands other than my knitting (helps me occupy my fingers for hours these days:happy: )

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Options
    After having trouble for the past week with the scales not moving in the right direction or staying put, I'm pleased to say, I've managed to lose that extra pound I gained plus a couple more this week :bigsmile:

I've kept my blood sugar between 5-7 for the past 2 weeks too - got my 1st appointment with my diatician this Friday, i'm finally looking forward to it - expecially as I've lost 15lbs since I had a reality check at the doctors.

Only thing now is, i've got a stinking cold from being out in a tent on a very cold night least week, been dosing myself up with paracetamol and feel kinda sorry for myself. Going to have soup for lunch as my throat is now sore too :cry: I've decided that I'm going to curl up in front of the TV this afternoon - when I finish work and watch a girlie flick - with nothing in my hands other than my knitting (helps me occupy my fingers for hours these days:happy: )
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Aww, sorry you're not feeling that great! Hope you get over your cold and sore throat soon!
    I'm sure your Dr. will be really pleased with your weight loss. I know MINE was when I went last month. I wasn't even planning on going, since I HATE going to Drs., but, I read a thread on here about how if you lose a bunch of weight, it could effect your medication amounts. I have a thyroid condition, so I went back and sure enough, he lowered my dosage, and we'll check it again in a few months.
    He was sooooo impressed with the 30 pounds I'd lost! He wanted to know how I did it, so I explained all about MFP, and even gave him a print out of my daily log, and told him to tell ALL of his overweight patients about it.
    Anyway though, you're Dr. is going to be the same way with you too I'm sure!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! I hope you feel better--make sure to get plenty of rest while sick. I'm sure you know how hard even a "little cold" can be on us Diabetics.
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Wonderful! I hope you feel better--make sure to get plenty of rest while sick. I'm sure you know how hard even a "little cold" can be on us Diabetics.

Don't I just, it's knocking me for six, I'm still at work at mo, hoping it won't get the better of me, but I'm feeling so hot and grogy it's becoming unbearable.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear you are feeling sick. maybe you should just go home if you can. Get some rest.

44118.png

:flowerforyou:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    sorry to hear you are feeling sick. maybe you should just go home if you can. Get some rest.

44118.png

:flowerforyou:

Yeah, I left work a couple of hours ago - couldn't bear it any longer, just hopingt I can go in tomorrow, had a couple of days off with a tummy bug week before last, so I don't really want to go off sick again already, but, beign diabetic, I know I must look after myself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!