quick short term fix?

Options
Hiya everyone,

What is the best way to quickly lose a few lb, I've been trying to drop some lbs for a while now and it is just not happening. I have a reunion night out in TWO WEEKS! I bought a gorgeous dress for it and it is still JUST too tight, only very slightly too tight, but enough to make me uncomfortable. My weight has not shifted at all, for a while now, it seems the more i work out the less i lose :(

Any suggestions for a quick short term fix? should I maybe up my water?

Please don't reply saying lose weight safely and slowly.. not interested, I need to lose a couple lbs fast so this dress fits or it is just a MASSIVE waste of £££'s . . . . . . . . . . . . . . once this event is over I will still be doing my slow and steady weight loss.

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Enema?
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I just took a peek at your diary and noticed your not tracking sodium... too much sodium can cause you to retain water.. maybe check where you are with that and try to keep it at 2500mg or below!
  • brendaleentjes
    brendaleentjes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I started an elimination diet in January to find out what I am allergic to and I lost 5 pounds in the first week. The main thing I gave up was gluten and processed food. Going wheat free makes a huge difference.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    start running every morning for 20-30 minutes before you eat anything. That'll definately help and you should see a few lbs go and fit in that dress
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    extreme dehydration, liposuction, meth addiction (may take a few weeks to kick in), amputation
  • skinnymoomoo
    skinnymoomoo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Enema?

Aye sorry forgot to mention, please don't reply with any sarcastic comments.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    running, and up your water intake
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Cut your sodium. Cut alcoholic beverages. Increase your water.
  • skinnymoomoo
    Options
    I just took a peek at your diary and noticed your not tracking sodium... too much sodium can cause you to retain water.. maybe check where you are with that and try to keep it at 2500mg or below!

Thanks, I think I might start tracking my sodium, I reckon you are bang on and my sodium intake is probably sky high :(
  • skinnymoomoo
    Options
    extreme dehydration, liposuction, meth addiction (may take a few weeks to kick in), amputation

Thanks, great advice... although I had already considered these options!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I wasn't being sarcastic. Some nurses I know used to do this sometimes to fit into clothes when they had hot dates.
  • skinnymoomoo
    Options
    I started an elimination diet in January to find out what I am allergic to and I lost 5 pounds in the first week. The main thing I gave up was gluten and processed food. Going wheat free makes a huge difference.

Thanks, I will also give this a try :-)

I probably eat far too much processed food (staying within my calories, but still not good!)
  • pyrowill
    Options
    since you eat a lot fo processed foods it is mostly down to your sodiium as there is an incredible amount of salt in them. I really would start running, preferably first thing in the morning. As you wake up your body has been starved of sugar overnight so if you exercise first thing, even just a short run the energy required will come mostly from your fat stores.
  • pyrowill
    Options
    And yes literally let the only drink you have until then be water.
  • skinnymoomoo
    Options
    start running every morning for 20-30 minutes before you eat anything. That'll definately help and you should see a few lbs go and fit in that dress

Thanks, Although I HATE running lol, mainly cause I run like a total girl. I could swap running for some other form of cardio? Gonna try everything I can... even if I have to start running! This dress WILL fit :-)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

I was going to say tapeworm, but that won't top yours. So never mind.

Maybe the Slimfast or Special K diets plus what ever cardiovascular you have the energy for. If it were only for a week or two, and you have the self controll not to binge afterward.
  • skinnymoomoo
    Options
    Cut your sodium. Cut alcoholic beverages. Increase your water.

Cut alcohol!? :( but its the weekend! ..... nah seriously, that is probably my main reason for not losing a thing this last month or so, I have had baptism after baptism followed by weddings and other social occasions every weekend for the last 6 wks!!! all involving copious amounts of booze and crap food!

I am not good at drinking enough water, I hate plain old tap water, trying to make myself drink my 8 glasses a day.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    You aren't getting nearly enough protein, or water. Increase both. Start tracking sodium, as I expect it's through the roof. (Go to Settings, Diary Settings). You need to cut back on the cheese - I love cheese as much as anyone, but that much, every day, will be a problem.

Work out, get your intake in line, and you'll likely drop enough water weight and fat in a couple of weeks to get the dress to fit.

Edit: And yes, cut out the alcohol completely until then. Tons of empty calories.
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Like someone else mentioned...Running first thing in the morning and believe it or not increasing your water intake. Also, that person who says enema is right. I know someone who had one done last saturday and she lost 7 lbs. Let us know how it works out for you. Good luck!
  • maricari
    maricari Posts: 133
    Options
    spanx!