eating out....a step backwards

we were away for weekend, so Monday AM, i stepped on scale and was mistakenly happy to think all day that i lost weight, but no...i gained 1 lb, and made it worse by eating too much for dinner and not back doing my exercise, yet...help!:brokenheart:

i woke up from a dream of my weight ticker going up and up:laugh:

feeling lost....help please
greenbaum9

Replies

• we were away for weekend, so Monday AM, i stepped on scale and was mistakenly happy to think all day that i lost weight, but no...i gained 1 lb, and made it worse by eating too much for dinner and not back doing my exercise, yet...help!:brokenheart:

i woke up from a dream of my weight ticker going up and up:laugh:

feeling lost....help please
    greenbaum9
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    One pound gain is nothing to fret about. As a woman, your weight can fluctuate up to 5 pounds or more on a daily basis due to fluid retention, TOM, amount of exercise, etc. etc. etc. I've gained as much as 3 pounds overnight, and have lost as much as 4.5 pounds overnight. So, don't let it concern you.

Just get back into routine and keep up the good work!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    I see on your profile that you're Diabetic--so am I! Type 2 here--diagnosed in 2003. Since joining MFP in April of this year, not only have I lost weight but I've been able to get off my cholesterol pill and Metformin (Glucophage). I am currently on 1/2 pill of Glimepiride a day for Diabetes but am going to try (again) to come off that. I'm having bad lows again. My doc has given me permission to adjust my own meds as needed due to my weight loss and exercise program.

Oh, and I also have High Blood Pressure--want to come off that pill as well some day!

So, it can be done--keep at it. Diabetes is not a death sentence but a wake-up call to make changes to become healthy!
  • You have really become a super achiever--glad to call you friend! You have made my day! Will try even harder to get back to the PLAN...Thanx for the boost
    greenbaum9:flowerforyou:
  • :flowerforyou:
    Gee, to be able to say, "I lost 68 lbs.", seems to me to be an amazing feat!. I can really feel the encouragement, and enthusiasm, the cheers and good wishes from my friends at MFP! Finding MFP is the best thing that has happened to me in my fight to good health.

Be Well!
    greenbaum9