Sure its been posted before????

Options
So now that I am eating better and not going out all the time I have cut out alot of grease and fatty foods so I am not going to the bathroom like normal is there something I can eat or a better way to do something. It stinks when you cant go :(

Replies

• amstein18
    amstein18 Posts: 131
    Options
    things high in fiber.... try vegetables, whole grains, fruits such as apples, oranges, blueberries, etc, fiber bars, beans....
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    you need to increase the fibre in your diet!! Try eating foods with more fibre or researching ways you can increase fibre in your diet.
  • youcanhumpmyleg
    Options
    are you from the uk ? you can get something called fibergel i duno if thats the correct spelling but it helped me when i was pregnant and constipated : )
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    Fiber one bars are great.140 calories though....A friend just told me about fiber advanced gummies super yummy looks like dots candies and are only 15 calories for two....If anything don't know how well they work but are super yummo so far!
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Drink extra water, too.
  • amstein18
    amstein18 Posts: 131
    Options
    Fiber one bars are great.140 calories though....A friend just told me about fiber advanced gummies super yummy looks like dots candies and are only 15 calories for two....If anything don't know how well they work but are super yummo so far!

they make fiber one bars in 90 calories now :)
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Along with making sure that your fiber intake is good (as mentioned above) - make sure that you are drinking enough water. With the decrease in fat in your diet and the increase of fiber.... it gets a little harder for things to ummm.... slide through (sorry)... you want to make sure that you are drinking as much water as possible to help soften things up and move them through.

Exercise helps to move things too... so maybe go for a walk or two? Nothing major - just a nice stroll.

Good luck - hope you feel better soon!
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hydrate and find a healthy balance on fiber. After a while it can bind instead of help. If all fails, Smooth Move dieter's tea is a surefire effective method of softening things up and moving them along. Good luck!
  • aeragusa
    aeragusa Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Water and fiber. Also, if you can spare the calories I usually have success by eating an avocado - mmm, mono and polyunsaturated fats!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    water does it for me . . . but a little extra fiber never hurts
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    DRINK TONS OF WATER and eat lots of fiber. If you are eating too much fiber, however, it will bind you. I suggest if you are having tummy issues to bump up your water intake to at least a third if not half, more than you are currently drinking...
  • betsyweltha
    betsyweltha Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me that there is nothing wrong with taking stool softeners on a regular basis. I also take stool softener with laxative in it some days too.
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Miralax...Metamucil..a little caffeine..a few tsps of apple cider vinegar..
  • cawillia1
    Options
    Prunes/Prune juice...just don't drink a lot
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Always hit your fibre; life is just so much better when you do.

Apples have quite a bit.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options

Some Fiber one bars are only 100 cals.. but the sugar intake in these bars is 9g... I buy a box of bran and add it to my oatmeal and fruit smoothies!
  • DOTY1
    DOTY1 Posts: 97
    Options
    Thanks I will try and up the fiber I drink about 12 to 15 cups of water a day but I will try uping the fiber
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will try and up the fiber I drink about 12 to 15 cups of water a day but I will try uping the fiber

Wow thats alot of water!
  • DOTY1
    DOTY1 Posts: 97
    Options
    I like water and I do alot at the gym so I drink alot of it there
  • alazarus
    alazarus Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Drink extra water, too.

Amen!