Newbie checking in :)

Options
Hi!! I learned about this site frm a group of friends who are member here. They are really enjoying it, and I hope so too :)
I'd like to lose about 20lbs. At 47 it's sure not as easy as it used to be. I have been eating MUCH healthier for a few months now, by blood ressure (which I take meds for) has improved, and my cholesterlo is down over 100 points....however I'm only down 5 or so lbs. I know I need to excercise more....hoping to get motivated....

Replies

• ildi59
    ildi59 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome this is a great site, lots of support you'll enjoy it. You can add me as a friend if you like.
  • Lexie71
    Lexie71 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There is a lot of support here. One suggestion I would make on exercise is all movement counts. Find something you love doing. If you hate "exercise" and keep it in a well defined little box as in "I have to go to a gym or it doesn't count" it may be discouraging. I love to swim and do it most mornings. I just bought a new Wii Dance on Broadway and I love it! I never thought I'd look forward to "exercise" :)
  • bluerskies
    Options
    I've done Just Dance on Wii with my daughter a cople of times, and you're right--it is fun :)