Suggestions for home workout DVD please.

Options
Hey All,

I am on a look out for some good home workout DVDs. Please suggest few.

I will be interested in the workouts that are based on some form of dance(its only more fun :tongue: ) and also some on yoga...

Have a wonderful day ahead ! :bigsmile:

Thanks in advance. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely no advice for dance videos, lol. As for yoga, Shiva Rea has great videos I have her Daily Energy and use it often. Rodney Yee videos are also great, AM Yoga has great 20 minutes practices.
  • Katy213
    Katy213 Posts: 45
    Options
    I would recommend the 30 Day Shred. It is NOT dance or yoga based but its a relatively short workout and really gets results.
  • simply_healthy
    simply_healthy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I would recommend the 30 Day Shred. It is NOT dance or yoga based but its a relatively short workout and really gets results.

We are talking about Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred... Right ?
  • porter09
    porter09 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love mel b's totally fit, easy to keep up with but works you hard and jillian micheals is a big favorite.
  • simply_healthy
    simply_healthy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely no advice for dance videos, lol. As for yoga, Shiva Rea has great videos I have her Daily Energy and use it often. Rodney Yee videos are also great, AM Yoga has great 20 minutes practices.

Thanks will check them out for sure :)
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Though possibly not the 'dance' you are looking for, The New York City Ballet Workout(s) (I and II) are pretty groovy - granted not HUGE on the calorie burn...(I wore my HR monitor and avg heart rate was barely 100BPM) but it helps with flexibility, balance and generally that 'dancer' kind of vibe. Each one is just shy of 60 min long - so I guess it is also a matter of what kind of time you have!

Yoga-wise I have Rodney Yee's Power Yoga Total Body, and though I do that less often, it regularly kicks my butt when it gets thrown into the mix.

^_^ Hope you find what works for you!
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I don't know too many individual DVDs that are good and dance based. If you have a Wii you should get DDR, Just Dance, Dance on Broadway etc. I love DDR and Dance on Broadway, they are fun and get my heart rate up. Zumba is also coming out with a game next month. My favorite yoga DVD instructor is Eoin Finn. I've tried a lot of yoga dvds but I always come back to his. If you are looking for something with hot music that will get you up and moving I highly recommend Turbo Fire. It is an entire program instead of an individual dvd but the music is the best I've seen in a home workout and the energy is awesome! It is what I am doing right now and I am fourteen weeks in and still going strong. I tend to fizzle out with other programs/dvds after 1-2 months. If you think you might want to try it message me and I will get you more information. I hope this helps. Usually if I am looking for new programs I often just go to amazon and check out the reviews. Also if you have a netflix account they have a decent selection of workout dvds so you can try before you buy. Hope this helps!
  • naughtydoguk
    Options
    Turbo Fire looks pretty high enegy...too much for me!
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire looks pretty high enegy...too much for me!

lol, nothing is too much if you put your heart and full effort into it. It is so fun sometimes I forget how hard I'm working :)
  • nmain
    nmain Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just got Gaiam Yoga for weight loss..It comes with two DVD's. Really great work outs! I got mine at target for around $14.
  • em80
    em80 Posts: 91
    Options
    Zumba, Hip Hop abs, ministry of sound workouts, Urban workout.
  • ering
    ering Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    cardio dance fusion from The Firm. 3 kinds of dance and an awesome workout!! It's like $9 at wal-mart.

ooooo and Turbo Jam!! I love those!! I got mine on ebay for $12!!
  • Lexie71
    Lexie71 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I would suggest going to your library and checking out some of their fitness DVDs to see what you like. You wouldn't have to buy any and could change it up whenever you got bored.
    I know it is so "yesterday" but loved "Sweaten to the oldies". He drives me crazy but the music is fun.
    I use my wii to do dance games and I also use NetFlix....they have a good selection of yoga on streaming so I can do any of them whenever I want.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    go to amazon.com and search workout DVD's...then read read read the reviews. I have chosen some and elimnated some by doing that. One of my favorite yoga DVD's got some really nsty reviews because it wasn't for beginners so when a few beginners tried it they thought it confusing etc...well it is for an interediate/advanced yoga practioner. The complaints of some lead me to the perfect DVD for me at the time.