iPhone apps?

Options
what are your must have iPhone apps (besides MFP of course!) for weight loss/healthy lifestyles/exercise?

Replies

• Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    My C25k app is the main one at the moment!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Runner's World Smartcoach... I also like some of the workouts on Workout Trainer by Skimble and the GPS that RunKeeper (the free one) uses is great for mapping and timing your outdoor runs. I've downloaded the Nike Trainer app, but haven't really used it much yet, and I'm not sure I will. The one I did download (and paid for) that I'm unhappy with is MotionTraxx. It is supposed to be another run/pace one, and it just doesn't work! I don't know what else to say, there are so many reasons I wish it would work, but it's alright, maybe I'll figure it out eventually.

So my top three, besides MFP, are Runner's World, RunKeeper, and Workout Trainer. Hope that helps!
  • projectme2011
    Options
    I have an Ipod Tounch and I use:
    Water Lite - Tells me how much water I should drink and how much I did drink in the day
    TargetWeight - Shows charts for your weight and goal weight
    DailyBurn - Kind of like this site but with a few other menus. I don't use it much
    BPTracker - Keeps track of my heart rate and blood pressure.
    MFP
    SparkRecipes - Great if I'm looking to make something healthy
    PTracker Lite. - Keeps track when I should get my period and how long it is.

Those are all free ones I use. I'm always looking for something new to "play" with!
  • bobblebee77
    bobblebee77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My whole life changed when I found a 'Couch to 5k' app called "Get Running' and I taught myself to run - Started in Feb/Mar 10 unable to walk far without losing breathe and this January I managed to run (mostly run, anyways) an 8.75mile off-road run called The Grim Challenge.

I cant give full credit the app for that, as after a few months of building up the running intervals, I got strong enough to start other activities and begun outdoor Military training *BUT* I would never have attempted other exercises without first raising the fitness levels. So my personal saviour was 1stly 'Get Running', then 'MFP' which I found a few weeks after. :D

I also like the apps by the 'GymFu' team & iFitness, Nike+ and recently got BootCamp, which I like but is new and buggy (but will be good, I need to email the dev team really so they know)
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I use the 'epicurious' app for healthy recipes and used to use 'runkeeper' for my running, but have recently invested in a running watch and HRM so I don't have to lug my phone around and the calories are way more accurate!
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    The pro version of RunKeeper is now free too.