Be my friend? javascript:add_smiley('happy','topic_body')

Options
Hi everyone!!!

My name is Elisabeth and I am new to the site (been using it for under a week). I am trying to lose weight so I can have a baby!! :) People often think it's counter-productive to lose weight and then get pregnant. My husband (a nurse) and I disagree! :) The healthier you are when you get pregnant, the healthier you will be when you deliver. And everyone wants the delivery to go as smooth as possible. So, I joined this site because I need some encouragement!!! All my friends are either very skinny or huge and don't care! lol Help me reach my goals with some encouragement. thanks for adding me as a friend!

SW-181.5
CW-180.0
GW- 165.0*

*this is my mini goal, my ultimate goal is 135.0...gotta take it 15lbs at a time! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi gd luck
  • kat05317
    kat05317 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, both times i got pregnant when i had lost about 25-30 lbs. good luck!
  • jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    With purpose and prayer you will be able to do whatever you need to do. I have no kids and believe that I need to lose weight to be healthy pre-pregnancy. You can do it!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome! You can add me if you like!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have been healthier pre-pregnancy, but my kids are older now and I still feel fat!!! I mean, baby weight isn't baby weight when your baby is 12!!!! LOL!

Good for you for making this change now, it will truly be easier for you and your entire family in the long run to learn to live healthy now! Bravo, and good luck!
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I started MFP in November. I have currently lost 26 pounds and just found out that I am pregnant. That was not the reason I joined, but God decided to give us a surprise blessing. This will be my 5th baby, and I feel like I am in better shape now than I was for any of my others. God Bless you as you begin this journey!
  • tati111
    tati111 Posts: 14
    Options
    Good luck!! It is very important to be healthy before you get pregnant, I agree! It will make the experience a better one for you and your baby. You can succeed and achieve your goal. Make it a life choice and don't think of it as a diet and you will be fine!! :smile:
  • tlnester
    tlnester Posts: 34
    Options
    Best of luck to you!! You can do it!
  • lllzrd319
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!! :) It is so encouraging just to hear that people are on my side! :)
  • ruthie3110
    ruthie3110 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Trust me it is NOT counter productive!!
    I greatly admire you for losing weight first!!
    And congratulations for the other user who is pregnant now after losing weight too!!

I'm a student midwife so know of the importance of being healthy first! One of my goals is to lose weight so I can start a family when we're ready for it!

Good luck and we're all here for support :)
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I totally agree. I wish I'd been smaller when I had my kids but each time I got pregnant was when I was dieting and had lost a good chunk of weight. ti's always better to be healthier and leaner when you get pregnant. I know my last 2 pregnancies were not good and nearly killed me and I'm not allowed to have anymore for that reason So good luck on losing and getting healthier!