Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I KEEP GOING OVER ON MY FAT

I AM MANAGING TO KEEP WITH IN MY CALORIES BUT KEEP GOING OVER ON MY FAT WILL THIS STOP ME LOOSING WEIGHT

Replies

• stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Not at all, but raising your protein quite a bit would be extremely beneficial. I like 30% or more protein assuming you're working out.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    I have never gone over on my fat if I am under my calories, so I am not sure. My problem is usually carbs. I don't have much fat in my diet at all, so I can't say. I would say that as you are under calories and doing some exercise you should be fine, but am not sure how you can be under in calories but have a lot of fat, are you eating a lot of high fat things?
  • You'll be fine, I would worry more about going over in your carbs than fat. Your body gets many of the amino acids it needs from fat. Your body has many more uses for fat than it does for sugar. :-) Also, try for more natural fats like nuts and meat over processed fats like crisco, margarine, and processed oils. An easy trick to think of is, "The closer it looks on your plate to how it's found in nature, the healther it is for you!"
  • aecryan
    aecryan Posts: 89
    Some days I am over on fat, others I am over on carbs, and I am almost always over on protein but still manage to keep under my calorie goal. I am losing at the rate I want to, so for now, it is working.