MASSAGE THEN SORE THROAT?

Options
got an hour long massage yesterday, and felt icky last night.............drank tons of water as usual........not so easy today because my throat is on FIRE!!! can anyone suggest anything?

Replies

• rachyrach1234
    Options
    all your stress is going to your throat...i used to get tonsilitis and strep all the time...oits sounds wierd but i found that eating bread really helps with a sore thraot...oit helps soak up the mucus (gross i know) and when you swallow it sort of scratches and i know that doesnt sound good but it really feels amazing also take a long hot shower...just sit in there and breath and keep blowing your nose!!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Ginger tea... it's thermogenic and helps your body sweat out a cold. Anytime I feel like I'm getting sick I drink a cup of ginger tea, take a hot bath and crawl under the covers to sweat it out - generally I feel 100% the next morning.

Hope that you feel better soon!!!
  • swim018
    swim018 Posts: 15
    Options
    Massages are amazing and very helpful. However, they increase your blood flow (which is a good thing) and release the toxins that are in your body. Sometimes if you are about to get sick, they can bring it upon you more quickly. As much much as it hurts, continue to drink the water to try to flush those toxins out of your body.