Insane cravings!

Options
My cravings are driving me nuts! I can't stop thinking about them, so much that I'm actually googling pictures of the food. I'm even craving food I've never really had a thing for, like sushi. Does anyone else get these as bad as I do? And does anyone have any ways to make them stop?

Replies

• alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Cravings may be because your body needs something. The other week i was craving bananas sooo bad and I ignored it, the next night I was up all night with cramps in my legs (from lack of potassium) maybe you need protein, thats could be why you're craving sushi

just a thought =]
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    you might not be eating the right stuff. the body has a way to try to make sure you get the stuff you need. this said if you are craving stuff you never did befor you might want to relook at what / how much you are eating. if you are craving something odd you might want to eat it even if it is alitle bit of it.
  • obifatkanobi
    Options
    Yes, I do, but only when I've eaten too many carbohydrates and not enough protein. For me, it seems the more carbohydrates I eat, especially simple ones, the more I crave things. I also find myself "looking" for food, even though I've just eaten. When I eat a balance of proteins to carbohydrates, I don't get the cravings and I find I'm not very hungry even by the next meal.
  • gt45891
    gt45891 Posts: 25
    Options
    One theory holds that cravings are the result of vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Empty calories and processed foods fuel the cravings. You may consider a healthy well balanced diet, in addition to natural (earth based/primal) supplements.
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    mmmmm......sushi. :)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Oh bell yes!

Peter Pan Creamy Peanut Butter is like heroin to me. Just typing it and I am actually drooling. They must put nicotine in it. My girl has orders to throw it out when ever she finds it.