Kitchen Scales

Options
What kind of scales do yall use? I bought the biggest loser scale and took it back cuz it was a piece o crap...and now, not sure i like the one i got today by The Sharper Image....doesnt weigh in small enough increments.

Replies

• Cherlynn25
    Options
    I just bought the biggest loser scale today, uh oh! I havent used it yet, what didnt you like? Think I will keep the box and receipt just in case...
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I have this one and like it: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001N07KUE

It's from EatSmart.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I have a taylor from walmart, weighs are Max 3kg x 1g/6.6lb 9 oz x 0.1oz
    Covers all you need for food.. only $10!!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
  • afteil
    afteil Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have a salter scale as well- gets down to the 1/8 of an oz. has a thermostat, clock and alarm built in. I got it at tuesday morning for 25$ i think and it works perfect for me.
    http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=salter+max+view+kitchen+scale&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=7244056987836516657&sa=X&ei=jyF8TYDBO8v7rAHT18HvBQ&ved=0CCoQ8wIwAg#

^thats a link to it, but I got it on sale
  • verapamil
    verapamil Posts: 94
    Options
    I have a taylor from walmart, weighs are Max 3kg x 1g/6.6lb 9 oz x 0.1oz
    Covers all you need for food.. only $10!!

I have a taylor scale too. Super cheap and works great for everything I need.
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have one of the biggest loser taylor scales (There are apparently a few), and I love it. What did you dislike about it?
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I also have the biggest loser Taylor scale and I like it a lot. It gets the job done for me.
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I have a Chefmate. I don't remember where I got it, probably Walmart and probably didn't pay much for it. It weighs down to .2oz. I love it. Definitely keeps the portions in check..
  • jstalittlecrzy
    jstalittlecrzy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have a Electronic Kitchen scale - sounds expensive but not to bad, from what I remember
    I did notice they have it at Walmart now - it has a large - about 5X5 inch - clear top and weighs in
    kg -g - oz and lbs. It also has a tare function which is nice - if you put a plate on it and press the
    button it will reset the scale to 0. Really helpful.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Mine is a digital salter from amazon.com. LOVE it! It doesn't look like they make my mold anymore, or I'd provide a link...
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I just bought the biggest loser scale today, uh oh! I havent used it yet, what didnt you like? Think I will keep the box and receipt just in case...

Worked great for first two days...then it started weighing irratically...and not precise at all. i know this, becuase i have a smaller scale i was using to compare...and the smaller one i could calibrate, so i know it was correct. But the numbers would just jump all around....and keep going up, then go down...then just all over the place, then negative....soo....i dug the box out of the garbage can...outside....hahha..and put that in a sep bag and even took that back to her. I told her I know i am supposed to return in box..and here it is..but i dont think you really wanna open that bag...hahahah..it was all flat and smelly,
  • boobee32
    Options

It's from EatSmart.

I like that one..wish they had at Bed Bath & Beyond....and by the way....love ur pix..is that your puppy?
  • boobee32
    Options
    I have one of the biggest loser taylor scales (There are apparently a few), and I love it. What did you dislike about it?

see my other reply...i answered this.
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    I have shaper Image digital LOve it does oz and grams can zero it with things on and add new things has a prement glass top and a removable one as well. Got at Bed Bath and Beyond I think around 20 have every look back or thought I needed anything better or different.
  • boomstick13s
    Options
    i have an old fashioned Taylor that goes up to 6 1/2lbs. very 1950's looking, but works for what I need.
  • Atlantique
    Options

It's from EatSmart.

I like that one..wish they had at Bed Bath & Beyond....and by the way....love ur pix..is that your puppy?

At least Amazon has free shipping on anything $25 and over. That helps.

And no, not my puppy. Mine isn't nearly that cute!
  • Atlantique
    Options
    Forgot to mention that the EatSmart kitchen scale came with a really helpful booklet that lists the USDA calorie count per gram for nearly every imaginable food.

Great when you're in a hurry and can't spend a lot of time hunting for something on MFP database!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I have a Salter - non-digital, weighs in both ounces and grams. Big cup on top, I generally put a paper towel or paper plate on it, adjust to zero, then put my food on the plate/towel. Love it!
  • susioryan
    susioryan Posts: 180
    Options
    it sounds like I have the same on that Stormieweather has. A basic Salter- not to expensive but reliable as all get out. I think I got it at Bed Bath and Beyond too.