Need Motivation..

Options
I am so ready to lose weight and get healthy.. I know what i need to do and for the most part how to do it . So far im doing pretty well on the food keeping track of it all etc just need to eat a bit healthier and i neeeeed to drink more friggen water lol But i have no motivation to work out the one thing i need to do to really see some results ... I feel like im letting myself down and i already have such a low self esteem as it is ... Any ideas ? i kind of feel like i just wanna give up

Replies

• christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    You need encouragement and support. You need to see other people seeing results from their workouts. You need a good group of MFP friends who are logging every day & working out.
  • kmccoy28
    kmccoy28 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You should set a short term goal of loosing 10% of your current weight. Then when you do achieve it, go shopping! Or whatever else you want to do to celebrate. Try and work out during your work day. I walk on my breaks and lunch and it feels good to get out of the office.
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hey, don't give up!!! Just by posting here that you need help indicates that you don't really wanna quit! Yes, it's sometimes hard to stick with a weight loss program - but the results are so worth it!! Another poster here once wrote that she was tired of it all - but here's what she was tired of:

Tired of being tired all the time because of being overweight.
    Tired of having to buy ugly fat person clothes.
    Tired of having aches & pains because of being overweight
    Tired of taking medicines for health conditions because of weight
    Tired of......well I can't recall everything - and maybe I added a couple of my own "tireds" but you get the picture!

As far as exercise - maybe a gym workout isn't your thing - so instead - go for a walk. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Park in the back of the parking lot. All those little things add up.

Wishing you luck and whatever you do don't quit - we're here to keep ya going!! ((HUGS))
  • valleyp
    valleyp Posts: 49
    Options
    If you wait till you feel like it, you'll never do it. I'm a morning person, so I usually get up and workout first thing in the morning because if I wait until I get home from work I am tired and don't care anymore. I never regret a workout and you wont' either. Start by doing something you like. Do you like to walk? Ride a bike? Play a sport? Wii? Watching the Biggest Loser motivates me, lol. I see those folks on that show working out so hard and it makes me feel like a slug. If a 350lb man can run a 5K on his tredmill, then surley I can!
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    the water thing was an issue for me too until I started buying those sugar free drink mixes.... I prefer the off brand Cherry flavor... I use 1 package for 2 bottles of water though otherwise it tastes a little to strong for me. Keep looking til you find what works for you the only person that can make you want it bad enough is you! Good luck!
  • pattycake57
    Options
    I know what you mean. Several years ago I lost over 30 lbs. At 4 foot 11, that was a lot. I have since gained about 10 of it back. I know that doesn't sound like a lot but to me it's a major gain. I know what I need to do but I lack the motivation to exercise. So here it is almost Spring and I'm hoping to start walking or something. So hang in there once you start and make it a habit it does get easier. It's just getting started.
  • AbLora
    AbLora Posts: 5
    Options
    Think about the things you will be doing and enjoying soon if you stay healthy. We are getting older and it is a shame to waste what we could have :)
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way at the begging of all this. But my MFP friends keep me motivated and seeing them doing great modivates me to keep going. I am still struggling on getting up in the morning to do my excercise and have been doing them as soon as I get home from work. Seeing my body getting stronger and finding new muscles I didn't know I have is fun for me!! Just take it one day at a time! :flowerforyou: