Curiosity hasn't killed this cat yet...

Options
Just wanted to find out what this site was about and how it helped anyone. Is it really this easy?? Has anyone really lost weight and how accurate is it?

Replies

• LOVEthighSELF
    LOVEthighSELF Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have lost 28lbs!
  • rachieladines
    Options
    This site is great because it teaches u portion control I joined along time ago but only started logging everyday about two months ago and have lost twenty three pounds and if u look at success stories tons of ppl have lost way more and reached their goals.....it also keeps u accountable to others about eating right and exercising
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10 lbs since the middle of January. This site is AMAZING and the support is incredible. This is the best food-related decision I ever made! :) If you decide to stick around, you won't regret it.:flowerforyou:
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Yes, Yes, and Yes. :wink:
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I have lost 12 pounds during the first month on here...I love how easy it is to complete my food diary (using this site is the first time I have ever been able to successfully log my food for more than one complete day)
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10 lbs since the middle of January. This site is AMAZING and the support is incredible. This is the best food-related decision I ever made! :) If you decide to stick around, you won't regret it.:flowerforyou:

Could not agree more. I've lost 20 pounds since December. However, you asked "is it really this easy?" It's not easy. You do have to work hard - very hard - but like Allie said, the support is awesome and everyone will help you reach your goals. Good luck!! :bigsmile:
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    It's worked great for me... I tried to lose weight a LOT of different times and nothing ever really worked. This site is great for making you realize exactly what it is you're putting in your body and helping you track it to make healthier decisions. It it also an amazing way to build a support group who can answer questions, cheer you on, and share in your success. I've lost a total of ten pounds since I started trying the last time, and 7 of those pounds were lost after I joined this site. I am SO happy I found it. Join... really... you will NEVER regret it
  • as1789
    as1789 Posts: 46
    Options
    Its pretty awesome. Yeah, sticking to it takes some work, but the site itself is easy to use. There's tons of motivation everywhere. This site has the best food database of any site I've seen. Its been 3 weeks for me and I've lost about 9lbs. :)
  • pouringraina
    pouringraina Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    For the last two weeks, I felt like I was absolutely stuffing myself. I would eat what seemed like a lot of food (healthy food, of course). However, I noticed I started to get hungry about an hour after eating, for what I assume is my metabolism speeding up, and my body wanting to be fueled. I have been working out AT LEAST 20 minutes a day, and up to 3 hours a few days, and 99% of those days, I was eating back my calories. I was very skeptical that I would actually be losing weight, since it felt like I was eating so much. I weighed myself on Thursday, and sure enough, I lost 5 lbs in two weeks. I've never felt starving, just hungry because of the metabolism kick. In my opinion and MANY others who use this site, it really does work. I have tried to change my ways in the past, and using MFP is the first time I really feel like I am in it for the long haul. It is a great tool that helps you achieve real weight loss, long lasting weight loss.

Hope this helps!
  • KaelaFrost
    KaelaFrost Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love this site.. since my problem is overeating mostly.. so while I'm not yet to the healthiest foods imagineable.. I am cutting down portion size to watch my cals and carbs.. 5 days in and 2 pounds gone!

I know it will not always be as such and that' I'm liable to gain that back here n there as I settle into my routine but I love love this site.

Can't get the app on my phone.. boostmobile yikes! no iphone..droid...or blackberry
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    See ticker below....

I love the site, the people and the support they give!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to find out what this site was about and how it helped anyone. Is it really this easy?? Has anyone really lost weight and how accurate is it?

It's not easy, you have to actually learn to eat right and control yourself, but yes...lots of us have lost lots of weight.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Basically what everyone else has said.

However, it's not "easy". You have to want this for yourself and take it day by day. You'll gain invaluable insight into yourself and your eating habits by tracking everything you eat. You'll gain friendship, advice, encouragement and motivation. If you don't cheat yourself, the only thing you won't gain is weight :P

I've been doing this for a little over 3 months and I've lost just slightly under 50lbs.
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Day 50, down 18 pounds.

Why it works for me:
    I have all the tools I need at my fingertips to track my calories in, and calories out with exercise.
    I have this fantastic group of friends that are here for the same reason I am. We support each other, cheer each other on, empathize when we're having a rough day, and celebrate all of the small triumphs along the way. I have never had such great support ever- not from family, or friends that I actually see on a daily basis.

So does is work? Let me put it this way- I am the one doing the work...but this site is a crucial key part of why what I am doing is working. :)

Stay curious!!
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have lost 23 pounds (10 kg). Like it was said before. It does opens your eyes to your portions and what you eat. When I started, I use to overeat (I mean seriously overeat mainly at night, until I was so full I thought I will throw up), I got that under control and now make healthier choices with food, but still have the odd treat.

And mainly, due to this site and people here, I actually started exercising. And started C25K (running programme). Again, when I started, I didn't exercise at all, but lost the weight, so was happy. Somewhere along the months, I completely changed my outlook on all this. I started being active and I do not stress about the fact, that I don't lose about 2 pounds (1kg) a week. I'm happy with tiny loss because this is about life style change, not diet.

It is amazing how far I've come since about November 2010 (with about 3 weeks break over Christmas). And it's all thanks to MFP and the people here.