Body Image

Options
Ok, so here's my thing. I will tell everyone that I've lost a total of 69 lbs. I am 10 pounds away from what I weighed in MIDDLE school. I'm finding lately, that even though I am truly proud of myself and kind of satisfied with my current weight, I still have 20 lbs to go. I go from feeling "kinda skinny" and "WHOA! Is that really me? Daaaannnng, not bad!!" to the other extreme of feeling "EEWW! So fat!" It's exactly how I felt in middle school :ohwell: I think it's stemming from knowing my weight and my size (my frame plays a major factor in my body image, everyone will see why in a few). I see other girls who I "think" look my weight, but they are like 4 sizes smaller than me. Basically, I either see myself skinnier than I am, or sometimes like a whale that I'm not (and I was a whale).

In attempting to give myself a proper perspective, I want to try an experiment. I won't tell you my height or weight. I'm looking for un-biased, HONEST answers as to answer me this question. I PROMISE I will NOT be offended!!! Please tell me what you really think!! I will give everyone the answer after I see a few posts
mybody2.jpg
mybody3.jpg
mybody.jpg

QUESTION: What size jeans do you think I'm wearing? US womens.

Thanks for answering!! :)

Replies

• Pange33
    Pange33 Posts: 63
    Options
    Oh yeah, ignore my ticker, I've only been on MPF for like 2 months :P
  • crazymgpilot
    crazymgpilot Posts: 26 Member
    Options
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Hard to say without knowing how tall you are, because that has a HUGE impact on things like that... could you say how tall you are? If not, I'd say maybe a 9... but really, it could be anywhere from a 5 to a 12 depending on your height... lol Either way, I can tell you that you have NO reason to feel like a whale... you look GREAT!!!
  • Pange33
    Options
    I'm taller than 5'5. That's the only hint I'm giving. I Just want to see if it's just me not compared next to another woman, or if others see it also, with me not standing next to another average woman.
  • SheilaSisco
    Options
    Yeah, I'm going to stick with my guess of 9... am I close? ;) lol
  • Pange33
    Options
    I am so glad it really isn't just me!!! :) I just want a few more posts before I reveal my height, weight, and SIZE!

COME ON!?! Any other players out there???

Pretty please? Two guesses is not enough data. Honest answers, no offense taken here! :D
  • kbloodworth
    kbloodworth Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am going to guess:
    5'9"
    Size 12

Don't be mad if I'm over. I am not good at guessing weight for taller people, all the women in my family are under 5'4"
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I have no idea about the size of jeans (they're small!), but congratulate yourself on a great job! You look wonderful.
  • Pange33
    Options
    I am going to guess:
    5'9"
    Size 12

Don't be mad if I'm over. I am not good at guessing weight for taller people, all the women in my family are under 5'4"

I promised no offense, and I promise you personally none taken here :D
  • Pange33
    Options
    Ok, this board is starting to die, any last minute bids??

All you gotta do is guess the womens US size jeans I'm wearing. And I'm over 5'5!
  • tigerlily2010
    Options
    I am going to say size 10. You look like I hope I look in 30 lbs. :)
  • Pange33
    Options
    Going once...
  • Pange33
    Options
    Going Twice....
  • asj0901
    asj0901 Posts: 141
    Options
    9/10 I dont know if you are wearing juniors or missus.
  • Pange33
    Options
    Here's my stats!! Thank you to everyone for posting. I'm realizing it's not just me, and that I actually do have a generally good body image of myself, maybe I can help someone else feel good about theirs too! I guess size and weight really don't matter, and yes I feel good and much healthier than I was! But growing up I always heard and tried to use the excuse that I have a "large frame," but since so many people use that as an excuse not to change their lifestyle, I figured I didn't actually have that problem. But I do! And guess what? It doesn't matter, because I do look good compared to MYSELF and not some tiny framed girl! (no offense to tiny girls, you're all stinkin' adorable!)

I am 5'10

I weigh 197

And I'm a SIZE 14 currently

Thanks for playing everyone, you really helped me feel better! :D

And good riddance to this girl:

Fatme3.jpg

She was sporting a size 20/22
  • Pange33
    Options
    I need to update! As of this moring my current weight is 196! :D
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    WOW what a difference between your two pictures YOU LOOK AMAZING, and give me hope that one day I can be there too
    GREAT JOB!!!!!!!
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    I think you look great. I would've guessed:

5'9"
    175ish
    size 12

Congrats on your hard work. Bet you FEEL better, too, huh? :happy:
  • SheilaSisco
    Options
    You do look great.... no denying. :) I am about to post the dreaded 'before' pics in my own blog... I'm hoping looking at them every once in a while will motivate me to lose weight even more... all that flab... *shudders*
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    wow, you go! i would have guessed a size 8.