Hit the big 50

Options
Okay, so I'm not brave enough to do the full body pictures right now... but I've worked hard to loose 50 pounds and I love that my face is getting back to normal (aka the face I recognize as mine). BUT Since I still have a long way to go, I'm finding it hard to truly be excited about my 50 pound mark. I think it's because I'm afraid to "celebrate". Anyway, I decided that maybe a post would help me celebrate the work I've done so far by seeing what others have to say.

Lets see if I can do this right....

Last year 6/2010 ...obviously pregnant lol
2010.jpg
This New Years 1.1.11
11.jpg
After 50 pounds 3.6.11
11-2.jpg

Replies

• Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    You are so awesome!!!!!! And you have beautiful eyes which are the gate way to the soul. And your son is sooooo cute. When did your new baby get here and what did you have, another boy or a little girl????? Need pictures!!!!!

Here is to your awesome journey. We will all be here for you along the way.

Vicky Jo
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Celebrate, but keep doing what got you there because it is easy to forget and stray. Weight (Obesity) is "our" Great Challenge in Life, so it won't take a week, month, or a year to develop new good nutrition and fitness habits...it will take a LIFETIME so attach to what you can LIVE with, No Extremes. Oh yes, LOVE, Respect and Accept Yourself Right Now, Just As You Are...be Patient and Kind to Yourself and don't allow too much "Clutter" to come in from all the "Gurus," do what works for you and is sustainable.
  • MyFatPublicSecrets
    MyFatPublicSecrets Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My baby girl was born in July last year. Here she is... :)
    ajf.jpg
  • christinal83
    christinal83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • smota
    smota Posts: 62
    Options
    Do NOT feel demoralized, you look amazing! Beautiful face :) x
  • indycello
    indycello Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    such a beautiful mama! :) I just lost 50lbs too! and I totally understand the "recognizing" yourself thing!
  • Your children are ADORABLE! You can definitely notice the weight loss! Great job! :)
  • StaceyLeeNichole
    StaceyLeeNichole Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    GREAT WORK!!! You can really see the difference:) It must feel nice to start to recognize the person in the picture again....CONGRATS!
  • rebeccajoy
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! ;-) You have done wonderfully! It is so worth it to celebrate (just not with food! haha!) Keep up the amazing work! Thanks for the pictures, you can totally notice the difference!
    ahhh!!! What an adorable daughter (and son!)! you are one blessed mom! ;-)
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness, your children are adorable!! and what and amazing mom they have....I can totally see the difference in you...especially your face...be proud of what you have accomplished so far and know that i beleive you will continue to do well
  • chiarajulieann
    Options
    OMG you lost 50 lbs in barely 3 months! That is amazing! and yes you should celebrate!!!
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful! And you have the cutest chin. :-) I hope I see that much difference in my face when I've lost 50 lbs.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Keep at it!
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Terrific job!! And every pound is a success- don't get discouraged.
  • lisamfick
    lisamfick Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Great job! And i love the baby belly picture, it's beautiful!
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    you look so cute. Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • buttonmoons
    Options
    Wow really inspiring!
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing difference, well done!! :bigsmile:
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    No achievment should be ignored but I know what your saying about the 50 pound thing. At my heaviest I was 290 and a few years ago I lost 60 pounds but it didn't get me anywhere close to 200 pounds and I had a hard time as seeing it as an achievement. I know now how aweswome it was and now I am starting over! Embrace it and embrace yourself! You deserve it and if it helps that 50 pounds gets your kids a mommy who can play more and be active more with them! Keep on going, I'm right behind you!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    it is about YOUR motivation and what encourages you. I can see how healthy your skin is, your eyes are bright and your hair is amazing.

You are beautiful, before and after, you just look healthier now!! GOOD FOR YOU!!

50 pounds is simply amazing:heart::drinker: :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!