Progress after 10kg lost (23 Pounds) - *PICS*

Options
I'm so very excited! Today I fit back into a size 12 - almost half way through my weight loss journey, and 14kg from my goal.

I have lost 10.4 kg in 2 months, my starting size was 16 (AU sizing). Below are my progress pics including my old pants :-) Forgive me if my pic posts don't work - it's my first time!

Good luck to you all - keep up the good work - you WILL be rewarded!!

Cheers

Croz (see pics below)

Yes - they're LARGE aren't they!! I fit these two months ago!
13March20113.jpg

Same pants - different girl now though!
13March20112.jpg

A moment to be proud of - the day I fit back into a size 12. I can't wait for a size 10, and who knows - maybe even an 8 one day!
13March2011.jpg

I sure hope these pics work!! Apologies if they don't! :-)

Replies

• Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far.
  • AussieFirebird
    AussieFirebird Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Baahh! My pics are cut off - ah well - you get the idea! :-)
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    That is amazing very well dont im so pleased for you. Welldone!! You look amazing xx :flowerforyou:
  • RachelHancock
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!!
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    WOOHOOOOOO Congrats!!! Amazing!!!!!!!
  • SLN11
    SLN11 Posts: 210
    Options
    You look amazing ! Congratulations to you its peoples journeys like yours who inspire me and think I can do it !
    xx
    Keep it up
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    you look awesome
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wow u look fabulous, I love seeing peoples progress pics its so motivational :smile:
  • missygail
    missygail Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You make me want to keep going. I love the pics.... very inspirational. Thank you.
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    wtg, Im also at a new size 12, but baggy, got into my first 10's last week....keep it up!

Sarah
  • AussieFirebird
    Options
    You look amazing ! Congratulations to you its peoples journeys like yours who inspire me and think I can do it !
    xx
    Keep it up

You CAN do it!! Best of luck! :-)
  • AussieFirebird
    Options
    wtg, Im also at a new size 12, but baggy, got into my first 10's last week....keep it up!

Sarah

Great Job!! Hope I will get there soon too! Well done!
  • AussieFirebird
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement!

Please know you are in the right place to lose weight. By coming here, looking at everyone's progress and making new supportive friends, you will be on your way in no time! DO look at what is working for other people, DO drink lots of water, and most of all - LOVE yourself enough to make the change!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    your looking amazing :-) how have you been doing it ?
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Amazing results!!

Keep up the good work! :)

Ben.
  • essbe
    essbe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • evertongirl
    evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    congratulations - i cant wait to fit back into an Aus size 12 - I will definately be celebrating that day too:drinker:
  • AussieFirebird
    Options
    your looking amazing :-) how have you been doing it ?

Thank you very much! It's been a long time since I have received a compliment!

I usually treadmill for at least half an hour a day, but I work long hours so I am up at 5am and if I run low on time I just do what I can. I aim to go to the gym soon but wanted to get a bit smaller before I do that.

I try my best to get 8 glasses of water per day - sometimes I fail!

I eat LOTS of steamfresh vegies, LOTS of salads, a good cerial in the mornings (most days I have a higher calorie intake in the morning than in the evening - gives your body a good boost in the morning and helps burn quicker).

I try not to have high carb foods at night, so if I want potato or pasta etc, I try to have them before lunch time to give my body the chance to work them off.

I read labels on foods and choose those which have low fat content (under 8 grams at the very most) and low sugar. High protein foods are always good. High carb is too - but again - in the morning so you can burn it off during the day!

Fresh is best - so limit the processed foods - they are full or words you can't even pronounce! If you can't say what's in it - for goodness sakes don't eat it! :-)

I've reasearched healthy eating quite a bit and it has really helped. I still go out for dinner - but I ensure that I keep my portions small. Meat no bigger than your palm (or 150 grams). Additionally, I have ditched my dinner plate and swapped it for a side plate - its perfect for my evening meal, and I stack it up so I feel I still have a good serve.

The truth is, we all eat more than we need mostly. When you realise how little your body actually needs to be healthy, you begin to understand where it all went wrong. That is not to say you should starve yourself!! Little and often is the key that I have found works for me. I have 5 small meals a day - each between 200 - 300 calories or thereabouts...and yes - I am satisfied after my meals, but it did take some time to get used to the change.

Also for plateus - it helps to zig zag your calories. I dont do this all the time, only when I can see I am getting into plateu - I choose one meal, and for that meal I eat whatever I want - I mean WHATEVER I want. Then I go straight back on the wagon. It shocks your metabolism and gives it a bit of a kick start again. Has worked well for me.

I weigh in every day - some don't like to do this but I do because it allows me to get onto my plateus early. Usually I have losses most days, and mostly I will lose around a kilo a week.

I'm human, so sometimes I screw up! But when I do - I get right back on and continue where I left off. I NEVER give up!

I hope that helps out some. Add me as a friend if you want to see my diary - except - dont look at today! Today was terrible! :-)
  • tinkerbell1964
    Options
    Good Job !!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!