• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Week one, day three (yesterday)

1-15
    2-15
    3-9
    4-9
    5-14 very shakey, profanity-laden pushups.

I have to do them at home, because I make animal noises on those last few sets. I think I may repeat week one, as I looked ahead and thought "whoo boy. I think I'll stay here, thank you.")
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I make animal noises
    Vivia, you crack me up! :laugh: I make noises too. My son mocks my grunting so I try to do it when he is not in the room so I won't start giggling while doing them! :laugh:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    OK - did my week 4 exhaustion test today. 33 pushups! I'm pleased that I gained 8 pushups in a week. Still not sure how I'm supposed to get to 100 in 2 more weeks, but at least I'm moving on to "week 5" (even though it's technically my 9th week) tomorrow.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    CP, that's great! Yeah, you probably won't hit 100 in two weeks, unless you are superwoman! (I'm not trying to sound critical. Hope that's taken the right way.) I am on like week 11 I think? I don't know how anyone can do it after finishing week 6.
    I did week 6 day one again. I wish I could say it was easier but it really was not. I did make it through though. I hope I can finish Wednesdays and Fridays.
    On Wednesday we will be starting a new post Hundred Push Ups October! So be looking out for that.
    Gotta go! Happy pushing! :laugh:
    Melissa
  • 1020bridget
    Options
    Could someone please explain the goal? Are we supposed to try to do "x" amount of push ups a day or??

Thanks!
  • cp005e
    Options
    Bridget, we are all working on the program from http://hundredpushups.com. It's 3 days/week, with the goal of getting to 100 consecutive pushups.

It's OK, MM - no offense taken! :laugh: I just finished Week 5 - Day 1. It seemed deceptively easy compared to what I would have been doing on the old program! But I am sure once I get to the days where I am doing 8 sets instead of 5, it will not be so easy.

29 (minimum was 20)

I was proud of that last set!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I just wanted y'all to know that due to this stupid thread popping up all the time I started to do push ups. WTH??? Are you guys trying to make me stronger??????

My husband will make me take out the garbage...stop it!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ok so me with my neck injury, who could not pick up the 3 pound weight when I started PT 4 months ago did......................

3 sets of 10 pushups *girlie

Thanks to all!!
  • cp005e
    Options
    Woo-hoo! Congratulations, arewethereyet! We'll make you one of us yet. :wink:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Just did day one of week two (column three)

max: 17.

For the record, that is 65 total. dang. In light of this, I'm only doing legs and abs at the gym today. I feel respectably worked out in my arms and chest. :wink:
  • adrienechung
    Options
    :bigsmile: That means boy push-ups. your whole body moves in one single motion.:laugh:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    New post for October!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: That means boy push-ups. your whole body moves in one single motion.:laugh:

NO WAY!!

Ok I will try one....1....today.

It is really funny how empowering 30 stupid push ups can be.

I encourage anyone who peeked in to just try it....ONE..

This group has given me a new outlook on what I am really capable of.
  • 1020bridget
    Options
    this sounds both interesting AND entertaining b/c i'm gonna laugh my *kitten* off when i realize i can only do 2 push ups...i'm gonna have to start "girl style" tho. after I can do 100 GSPU's I will move onto the boys. ha! :laugh:

Thanks for explaining it!!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Join us on the Hundred Push Ups October thread!!!:happy: