Anyone doing C25K and in W3?

Options
I started C25K at the beginning o the year (again! I started last year, but stopped due to injury). I was keeping tabs with a group on another forum I use, we all started around the same time, but I had to take 2-3 weeks off due to illness, and just got back into it on Wednesday, jumped back in at W3D1 and did W3D2 today. I'm now well behind everyone else there, they're up to W6 and I feel out of touch.

Is anyone else around the same level as me at the minute? Anyone want to add me as a friend :) ? Would be nice to have someone else at the same level to get some support from/provide some support to :D

Anyone?

Replies

• WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm in wk2, day 3 today. Almost to week 3 :) I'm doing C25K along with the 30 DS, but skipped Jillian yesterday. I'm sticking to the C25K, and doing 30 DS as much as possible. Definitely love to see myself improve with running, though I do admit to watching that last 30 seconds-seems like so much longer...not sure how it will be running for a straight half hour!
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I did W3D2 Wednesday and this morning. Wednesday, I had to pause it during that last three minute run, walk for a bit, then finish it. Today, I think I had to pause it during every run, and do the last three minutes in three or four segments. Silly thing is, I did it perfectly on Monday, for W3D1. Repping the entire week next week.

I don't feel too badly about it, to be honest. I did two hours of krav maga last night, ate and showered, walked a mile or so, had sex, then ran first thing before breakfast, so I'm not surprised I had trouble! I'll have to plan my day better next week.

Anyway, yeah, I'll add you.:)
  • EllyK09
    EllyK09 Posts: 75
    Options
    I am! I might even repeat W3 for a few days next week and then move on to w4. I did w3d2 yesterday! Add me!
  • Geordie_Girl
    Geordie_Girl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Great :D I knew there'd be a few of us here somewhere! Mind if I add you all?

I'm thinking I'll repeat week 3 myself too, although I'm managing the full runs, they are HARD! I can't see myself being able to step it up again next week.

Barelmy, I have 30 day shred on order too :) expected it to be delivered today actually, but looks like it'll be Monday now :( . Bit scared to be honest LOL
  • ambiedawnz
    ambiedawnz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my Week3 day1 today! A lil nervous but ready to get it started. (:
  • Wightvixen
    Wightvixen Posts: 117
    Options
    I'm on Week 3, with run 3 coming up tomorrow. Haven't found it too bad so far, but I practically walked myself into the ground today, which I will no doubt regret come tomorrow when I can barely hobble, never mind run haha.

Feel free to add me if you like :happy:
  • mlally1014
    mlally1014 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I will be starting week 4 tomorrow. Finished week 3 last Sunday, but have been really sick all week and not able to muster up enough energy to do much of anything. Thought about repeating week 3, but have decided that since I didn't struggle with it at all that I would just keep on the path and start week 4 tomorrow (maybe tonight if I have the energy). Can't wait to follow everyone's progress
  • WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My week three day one will be Monday. I'm wondering if I'll be repeating wk 3 also, lol :)
  • Wightvixen
    Wightvixen Posts: 117
    Options
    I finished week 3 this morning. It seemed harder than the first 2 runs, but that may have been because I overdid it yesterday, or because I was running into the wind on the final leg.

Dreading the massive increase in running next time :ohwell:
  • mlally1014
    mlally1014 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    W4D1 finished. I have been sick for the past week and didn't work out at all. Wasn't sure if I should repeat week 3 or dive into week 4. Well I took a leap and dove in. Not too bad considering. I made all the runs but slowed down alittle bit from my week 3 runs. Doing it again tomorrow to try and get 4 runs in this week. Good luck
  • Geordie_Girl
    Geordie_Girl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Well done :)

I did W3D3 today, so W4D1 should be Tuesday. I was going to repeat, but I think I'll give W4D1 a shot, and if needed I can always step back and do a bit more W3.
  • Barelmy
    Options
    I did W3D1 again today. It went pretty well.

I generally try to run as fast as I can for the last ten seconds or so of the final run, just to prove that I can. I managed that today, and didn't need to pause once. We'll see how Wednesday and Friday go. Friday will be the big test - I have two krav maga classes in a row on Thursdays, so I tend to ache all over. We'll see.

I tried listening to a comedy podcast rather than music today. It worked pretty well. If I were trying for speed, music would probably help more, but when I'm going for endurance, it really helps to have something else to focus on.
  • EllyK09
    EllyK09 Posts: 75
    Options
    How's c25k going for everyone? I am repeating w3 and did day 2 yesterday. I even added 20 minutes to the warm up of just walking uphill on the treadmill. Just wondering what you have exprienced especially if you are in week 4 because im starting that monday.
  • Barelmy
    Options
    Just did W3D3.

I completed it, although I really doubted that I could, and sped up during the last ten seconds again. I'm tempted to rep it again, since I missed Wednesday's run, and had to pause during parts of it last week, so I can't honestly say I've completed all three runs in one week.

That said, I think I might just want to stay here because I'm scared of W4. Not sure which way to go yet.

I could always take a third option; run W3D3 again on Sunday, and do W4 on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, Instead of Monday, Wednesday, Friday. But that means running on the same days I do strength training, unless I move those to Monday/Wednesday/Friday instead. And it'll mean running before my two hours of Krav Maga on a Thursday, which might be better than trying to run the next day when everything hurts. But everything hurts more Saturday.:(

I'm really not sure which to pick. Help?