HG's Spinach, Mushroom and Mozzarella Supreme

Options
Healthier_Me
Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
PER SERVING (1/6th of casserole): 106 calories, 1g fat, 597mg sodium, 11g carbs, 3.5g fiber, 4g sugars, 8g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

A serving of this could quite possibly be the most satisfying 106 calories EVER...

Ingredients:
Two 16-oz. bags frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and thoroughly patted dry
1 1/2 cups canned sliced mushrooms (about 2 medium cans or 1 large), drained
3 wedges The Laughing Cow cheese, any Light flavor, room temperature
1 cup diced onions
1/3 cup shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
3/4 tsp. garlic powder
Optional: salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a pan sprayed with nonstick spray, cook onions over high heat until browned (about 3 minutes).

Make sure all excess water has been removed from spinach. In a mixing bowl, combine spinach, onions, cheese wedges, and garlic powder. Mix well.

In a medium casserole dish sprayed with nonstick spray, spread half of the spinach mixture along the bottom.

Layer half of the mushrooms evenly over the spinach mixture in the casserole dish. Then spread the remaining spinach mixture over the mushrooms. Layer the rest of the mushrooms over that.

Sprinkle the top of the casserole with the shredded cheese. Then place dish in the oven to cook for 25 - 30 minutes (until the shredded cheese layer begins to crisp slightly). If you like, season your serving to taste with salt and pepper.

MAKES 6 SERVINGS

http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=1406

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Options
    PER SERVING (1/6th of casserole): 106 calories, 1g fat, 597mg sodium, 11g carbs, 3.5g fiber, 4g sugars, 8g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

A serving of this could quite possibly be the most satisfying 106 calories EVER...

Ingredients:
    Two 16-oz. bags frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and thoroughly patted dry
    1 1/2 cups canned sliced mushrooms (about 2 medium cans or 1 large), drained
    3 wedges The Laughing Cow cheese, any Light flavor, room temperature
    1 cup diced onions
    1/3 cup shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
    3/4 tsp. garlic powder
    Optional: salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a pan sprayed with nonstick spray, cook onions over high heat until browned (about 3 minutes).

Make sure all excess water has been removed from spinach. In a mixing bowl, combine spinach, onions, cheese wedges, and garlic powder. Mix well.

In a medium casserole dish sprayed with nonstick spray, spread half of the spinach mixture along the bottom.

Layer half of the mushrooms evenly over the spinach mixture in the casserole dish. Then spread the remaining spinach mixture over the mushrooms. Layer the rest of the mushrooms over that.

Sprinkle the top of the casserole with the shredded cheese. Then place dish in the oven to cook for 25 - 30 minutes (until the shredded cheese layer begins to crisp slightly). If you like, season your serving to taste with salt and pepper.

MAKES 6 SERVINGS

http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=1406
  • MrsTot7
    MrsTot7 Posts: 9
    Options
    Have you tried this yet? It sounds wonderful.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    No, I haven't.
    I don't like mushrooms or spinach :sick:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I'm making this one! I may try fresh spinich though with fresh chopped garlic steamed first...
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Garlic makes everything better!:bigsmile:
    Enjoy:drinker:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I did this with half the spinach (just didn't have enough on hand) and cheddar instead of mozzarella.
    Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumy!
    I added light mayo as well, to make it a little more like a spinach dip. All my ingredients in, still only came up to 92 calories per 1/6 (remember, I used half the amount of spinach).
    Sooooooo good!! And incredibly filling.
    I even got my 3 year old to try a bite!!! Yay!:smile:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Sounds like something I would like thank you very much

44118.png

:flowerforyou:
  • ladybug3
    Options
    :love: I tried this! It was delish!!!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Very welcome:flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    So, is it like a dip or a side dish?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Could be used as either, I suppose.
    I ate as a side dish.
  • alisha123
    Options
    I've been looking for a good spinach recipe! Thanks!
  • battykatty2002
    Options
    sound yum. will be trying this
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Very welcome:bigsmile: