Weight Watchers-OMG!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Weight Watchers. I lost 50 lbs before I got married and I've lost most of my weight on my ticker from Weight Watchers. I just get board doing the same thing, so most of last year I used MFP as something different but still went to the Weight Watcher meetings and this year I’m back to WW with the new plan. I love the support I get at the meetings, I like to spend 30 min to an hour a week just sitting reflecting, sharing and hearing what others have to say. My group is awesome, I've been going to that specific group for almost 2 years. I think as with any weight loss plan, you'll stall when you lose motivation, and a lot of us lose motivation, so switching it up might work for some. I am so use to counting points I don't think twice about it. I also find it so easy with my iphone app (which I know everyone doesn't have) just like I find MFP easier with the app.

In defense of the 0 point fruit, it's within moderation, you can't eat a bunch of bananas, a bag of apples, watermelon all in one day and expect to lose weight. They defiantly slip that in under their breath, but it is there. I like to say, "I didn't get to 250 lbs eating fruits and veggies."

I agree that it's to each their own, I like both plans and they have both helped me get very close to my goal. I don’t log on MFP when I’m doing WW and I just go to the meetings when I’m doing MFP. I logged both when I started the new program to see what calories I was eating and they were higher then 1200, but I was losing. I’ve lost 1-3 pounds every week I tracked my foods on the new WW program.

Oh yeah, right now since they are out of point calculators (something I really dislike about the new plan, you have to BUY a calculator if you don't have a iphone, which I think should be included in your monthly charge) you can use the online one free, that might help make things easier to figure out while you finish up the program. I think most people tend to eat the same things, so I use to make a list of my regular foods so the numbers were right there, and I use to write the points on my packages when I got home from the grocery store (that was before I had a kid, now I'm lucky if they get put in the fridge when I get home :laugh: )
    Best of luck and enjoy your trip!
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I did WW years ago when I was much younger,and I lost a ton of weight.But now that I am much older I think MFP works much better.I love this site.I rarely go over my calories,and I like the way it tracks everything
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    i like how MFP teaches more about general nutrition, sports nutrition and has tons of information on exercise in addition to weightloss info. Much more well-rounded! If i were doing WW i would be paying attention to calories, fiber and water and thats about it. I have learned SO MUCH thru MFP!
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    i like how MFP teaches more about general nutrition, sports nutrition and has tons of information on exercise in addition to weightloss info. Much more well-rounded! If i were doing WW i would be paying attention to calories, fiber and water and thats about it. I have learned SO MUCH thru MFP!

The new plan is fat, fiber, carbs and protein. total mind warp to not look at calories, especially after doing MFP for a year.
  • Tyva
    Tyva Posts: 34
    Options
    Not sure if WW has a food guide like MFP's does or you can log in your foods from your cell but if it did, it would probably be much easier. I LOVE this site and came across it on my android. I dont know if I would be as motivated without it.

I calculated my foods with WW too as a guide and found out Im alotted 24 points a day but then when I try new foods, I have to go online to calculate how many points there are and its a pain in the butt. Here is the lil point calculator for those who would need it.

Points Calculator: http://www.calculatorcat.com/free_calculators/weight_watchers_calculator.phtml
    Find out how many points you need here:>> http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/calculators/ww-points-allowed/

Hope you find this useful of you need it, but I will stick to MFP lol