Tall!!

Options
2»

Replies

• juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I guess we are not suppose to post links to other sites but I just ran a quick google search on calculating frame size using your wrist measurement.

:tongue:

I'm 5'9" wrist measures at 5 and 3/4 inches around at the skinniest part of the wrist and that makes me small boned.

The website I used also suggests a ideal weight range that I thought made sense ( at least for me).

Hope that helps!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and have a large bone structure. My wrists have a 7in circumference...and when I'm thin, they're not much smaller. My starting weight was 285 and my current weight is 269. My first goal weight is to get to 160... it's what I weighed my senior year of high school - I wore a size 9 skirt and had to take in the waists of everything - and a size L top. I can't honestly imagine being any smaller than that- but when I get there- we'll see!
  • fantomette
    fantomette Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 but I have a very small frame, my wrists are 6 inches :wink:
    I'm now in the upper number of my normal BMI, but I want to be in the lower numbers...because I have such a small frame, that is.
    Right now I don't feel healthy. I just want to be healthy.:smile:
  • SimonsGirl
    Options
    5ft 4
    started out 198lbs
    goal weight 126lbs
    small frame
    :smile:
  • Scidoc
    Scidoc Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    A quick gauge I found was this:

1. Wrap the middle finger and thumb of your right hand around the narrowest part of your left wrist.

2. Note whether your fingers overlap, touch or do not touch.

3. If your fingers overlap, you have a small frame. If your fingers touch, you have a medium frame. If your fingers do not touch, you have a large frame. This method serves only as an estimate.
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", medium build. Started at 192, am currentlu 161, aiming for final goal of 145.
  • B140
    B140 Posts: 56
    Options
    I am 5'7" and have a large frame (my wrist size is 7 inches). I started at 248 and my goal is 140. I have been there before and know I will get there again!
  • bstiver
    bstiver Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 1/2. I have a large frame (my wrist is 6 3/4) and I am currently 193, SW 206. I am trying to get down 170ish or so.
  • am_last10lbs
    am_last10lbs Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and currently weigh 142. Goal weight is 135lbs. Small frame (5" wrist)
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    A quick gauge I found was this:

1. Wrap the middle finger and thumb of your right hand around the narrowest part of your left wrist.

2. Note whether your fingers overlap, touch or do not touch.

3. If your fingers overlap, you have a small frame. If your fingers touch, you have a medium frame. If your fingers do not touch, you have a large frame. This method serves only as an estimate.

Or maybe you have long fingers :D

I had a look and my wrist is a tiny bit over 6 inches, which at 5 ft 5 means I an medium frames apparently