Does it affect you mood?

Options
Does anybody experience different moods to their weight loss in different weather.

I live in U.K and weather generally miserable but we have had a few sunny warm days last week and on those days i felt on top of the world i could eat well drink my water and exercise till the cows come home, as soon as it turns miserable out again i tend to get unmotivated even though i still exercise and eat ok but id rather sit on my butt with a coffee and a bacon sandwich!!

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    not me. rain, sun, snow, wind, I'm out there walking and jogging away. my friends look at me like I am nuts. they ask why I don't use a treadmill @ the gym when it's nasty out. I hate treadmills and gyms in general.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    yes definitely, am in england as well, have 2 really push myself to go out for a run/walk if its a grey day lol
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I've felt the same way and I live in the mideast in the US. Good weather I'm out the door and doing better, but bad weather I'm stuck inside of house and I'm getting cabin fever and I want to do nothing and eat the foods that got me in trouble in the first place.
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Yes, I know where your coming from. I live in UK too, and just recently when the sun has been out I feel great, and think 'that's it, Spring is finally here'. And then it rains again - like today. I certainly find it easier to eat more healthily when it's sunny too. Who wants to eat salad when it's cold?

Fingers crossed for more sunshine :happy:
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options

Fingers crossed for more sunshine :happy:

You need everthing crossed i think lol
  • marianeo
    marianeo Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I live in South Africa, and when I wake up in the morning the sun is streaming in through the windows! This has really helped me get out of bed and excercising earlier - I don't have the time in the evenings to do anything so I am really glad for such beautiful mornings!! I used to live in the UK, so know exactly how you feel! I am usually in theUK in winter time and the only thing I want to do is stay home in the warm!
  • adriangoddard
    Options
    I certainly feel far more alive when the weather is good! Just makes me want to get out there and get doing stuff.

I have a treadmill so I can (and do) exercise no matter what the weather is - though but the sunshine definitely lifts my mood :)
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm in a MUCH better mood when it's nice outside. When it's nice out, I want to go for long walks and do outdoorsy things, and when I'm outside I tend to be less hungry.
  • appleofmyeye
    Options
    Who wants to eat salad when it's cold?

I always have that same problem. When it's cold and dreary out, the absolute LAST thing I could possibly want to eat is a bowl full of cold veggies, straight from the fridge. And yet I know some crazy, masochistic people who ate salads for lunch every day in December and January when it was below freezing for weeks at a time... I just can't do that! When it's cold, I crave hot soup, hot coffee, hot tea--anything to provide that warm-and-cozy feeling.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I live in the UK too and it has been a harsh winter. On the whole we've had 60% less light that we do during an 'average' winter so it's only right that your moods and motivation have been affected.

I am just so much 'better' - in all aspects - when the sun shines and I can't wait for spring :-)
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I'm in the northeastern US. Dreary or bitterly cold days decrease my motivation. I just want to sit in front of the televesion with a large mug of hot chocolate. And vegetables are the last thing I want to eat. The cold makes me want to bake, bread, pies, cookies, etc.

Once it's nice out, give me fruit and veggies! I want to get outside and go running and hiking.
  • NOLAdy
    NOLAdy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm in a MUCH better mood when it's nice outside. When it's nice out, I want to go for long walks and do outdoorsy things, and when I'm outside I tend to be less hungry.

Same here. Plus I'm just a "summer" type of person in general. I hate being cold.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I agree with the craving warm, comforting foods when it's cold outside. But I'm opposite on the exercise. I find it hardest to get motivated to go sweat during the long hot months of summer here in Texas. Who wants to go exercise when it's 100 degrees outside?