can someone answer a ??? for me??

Options
Hi,
If my profile says i can have 1200 calories a day and i burn 300 on the elliptical 5 days a week,do i subtract that from my calories eaten?I'm having a hard time eating that many calories and therefore im not losing the 10 lbs i wanna lose,should i exercise less?I dont get it ive always been an avid exerciser ,my profile says im in starvation mode because of my caloric intake??:huh:

thanks,
peggy

Replies

• kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    you want your net to be no less than 1200. Add a snack of yogurt, almonds, cheese stick, rice cake with peanut butter, avacado..... once you are used to it, it wont seem so hard.
  • msl22
    msl22 Posts: 31
    Options
    you want your net to be no less than 1200. Add a snack of yogurt, almonds, cheese stick, rice cake with peanut butter, avacado..... once you are used to it, it wont seem so hard.

Exactly
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of boards on here with more info about it.. but short answer is .. Yes, you should be eating what you exercised. So that means if you burned 300 then you should be eating 1500..
  • Gargoyle69
    Gargoyle69 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    DITTO!
  • lucky48
    lucky48 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    There are many posts on here about starvation mode and eating less than your allocated calories. Think of exercise this way since so many people are having trouble with the concept:

In terms of calories, when you exercise, you burn off some of the calories that you have eaten during the day, thus, you have to eat more throughout the day to make up for your allocated goal. For example, if you eat 1200 calories and then exercise where you burn 300 calories, your net intake is now 900. You have to eat the remaining 300 to make up the difference if that is your particular goal number.

Exercising in terms of calories, especially for people like you and me that have 1200 as a caloric goal for the day offers us the ability to eat more and sometimes splurge a little without worrying about totally screwing up.

Try to make sure you eat the 1200 net calories a day, or at least stay within 25 of a variance. I know it's hard; especially on exercise days. I have the problem where I exercise at night a lot and I don't want to end up eating 500 calories at bed time.