what are you giving up for lent?

Options
2»

Replies

• katiemeridien
    Options
    Am I too late to join the game? I haven't had red meat.. so I can say that much...

Hmm... fried food? I shouldn't be eating that anyway.
  • miss_melissa_
    Options
    I gave up drive thru restaurants. I don't cook so couldn't give up restaurants in general. I am just lucky the Panera is my area does not have a drive thru.
  • jaycab1
    jaycab1 Posts: 5
    Options
    White rice, I don't like brown.
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    Going out to eat. Mostly for financial reasons.
  • estorve
    estorve Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sugar and chocolate. Doing great so far. I was going to give up being crabby but that wouldn't last 40 days.
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I started late.....like just today, but I'm giving up alcohol and my fave Mexican restaurant!
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Sugar and chocolate. Doing great so far. I was going to give up being crabby but that wouldn't last 40 days.

LOL!! Good one! And great job on no chocolate or sugar! :wink:
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    I am not giving up anything for the simple fact that if i give up one thing that i like the most then i will want it more and then there goes everything ive been working for but the things i like to eat like sweets i let myself have it once in awhile cuz i dont want to drive myself crazy!!!!
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Well I am not Catholic but a good friend of mine is so I decided to be supportive as well as challange myself. Now sweets for me. Which for me includes all sweets. Gum, mints, 100 cal snacks and all of the good stuff. I am doing great so far and hoping not only can I do it but that it also helps me on my weightloss journey
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    meat.....but im hoping to continue it even after lent is over
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Im on the straight and narrow as it is. If I give up something, its for more than 40 days. If I give it up for 40 days, then why not more? Well, the things I gave up already are bad.

You don't have to give things up. You do extra things too (like volunteer). Nobody is perfect so lent is just a great time to try to improve oneself.