Hit a wall...

Options
Hey there!!

My name is Melissa but people call me BoBo or MamaBo...I'm going thru a divorce after a long pre-seperation period spent living w/ my future ex husband b/c he was laid off and out of work for 13 months..during which I had a baby (he was laid off when I was 4 months pregnant)...I could go on..short of it: Very stressfull last 1.5 years. I have two kids which I had to take hormones in order to have my first (son, who will be 4 in may) and I did IVF for my youngest (baby girl, just turned 1)...all on top of living with someone who had/has HORRIBLE eating habits AFTER having gastric bypass...so yeah. Perfect storm for weight gain.

So, single mom of two..work full time. So far since I started last summer I have lost 40 ish lbs ... Started at 233 and am now 189. I did a (sloppy) High Protein diet and NOW have high cholesterol!!! I added carbs in about 2 weeks ago and gained about 3 lbs in those 2 weeks so I'm terrified!! LOL

My plan is to get down to 160ish (I have giganitic bone structure..much less than that and I look like ET)..I just like how that weight looks and feels on me..Big bones for real here--I'm 10 lbs from 200 lbs and am in a sz 16 from a 22...when I weight 133 in college I still only could get down to a size 8!! Just pointing that out for my own sanity that I will never go lower than a size 8, and if I do--someone should send me a box of Krispy Kreme!! LOL... ;) So back to high proteins with lower fat and I plan to kick my workouts up a notch.

Soooo...hello :O)

Melissa

Replies

• Mara54
    Mara54 Posts: 5
    Options
    Concerned that super high protein can be hard on the kidneys and hard to sustain as a lifestyle. Have tried it for brief periods and then would get unbelievable carb cravings which I feel was a signal from my body that I was doing something wrong.. . Have to find the balance.
  • McBoBo
    McBoBo Posts: 87
    Options
    Agreed!! I had "natural" carbs like in yogurt, milk etc in addition to protein bars. I just had all of my levels checked and all is well except the cholesterol which totally sucks and really upsets me...I am adding some carbs in...but I just hate the way I felt in the last week or so w/ having more fruit and grains in my diet...balance is key..I'm searching for mine!
  • havi7
    havi7 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mellissa!

Sorry to hear about your struggles, things haven't been so hot for me at home over the past month or so either. However, with the support of this site, a healthy diet, and exercise I've been feeling great despite my struggles. Feel free to add me if you're looking for support.

Good luck!