Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    FROZEN BLUEBERRIES? *head explodes*
  • SpartanHard
    SpartanHard Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Something in the grapes and the way the microwave ionizes the juice causes an actual plasma arc across the grape halves and can actually start a fire.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    SpartanHard, how did you discover this?
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I knew about grapes, but not blueberries and raspberries!

I also like to freeze a chopped banana and then puree it -- it's really good with a bit of almond butter or peanut butter!
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I knew about grapes, but not blueberries and raspberries!

I also like to freeze a chopped banana and then puree it -- it's really good with a bit of almond butter or peanut butter!

blackberries too!!! Sliced peaches.... so good!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Yeah, no one told me either. Also:

frozen ripe bananas make an amazing ice creamy smoothie

galeos salad dressing is rich and only 22cals per tbsp

kale makes a great salad base

what else is under-advertised?
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Am I the ONLY ONE that can't STAND frozen grapes?! ugh!
  • JonnaGrace
    Options
    OMG...I did not know this. But,your timing is perfect. I had bought oodles of fresh fruit Friday thinking we would be juicing this weekend, and didn't ....so my hubby and I had decided if we didn't finish the strawberries, blueberries, and GRAPES...we would freeze them individually and use them in smoothies...it works perfect. But, if we have little bites of heaven OMG...gonna try this ! Thank you soooo much!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I'm adding grapes to my grocery list right now! YUM~
  • jennyath
    jennyath Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I LOVE frozen grapes! I prefer the red ones. Just had a cup. Felt like I was eating candy. :wink: Never thought about raspberries! Not crazy about blueberries...but I'm going to try it. I might like them. Thanks for the tip!
  • Focusonfifty
    Focusonfifty Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @Cazzincali, no You're not. The ONLY chilled fruit I can eat is watermelon. Everything else HAS to be room temp. The bananas I do use frozen in smoothies and shakes though; but I have heard about the frozen grapes (usually seedless) for years.
  • Candiceg13
    Candiceg13 Posts: 218
    Options
    Ohhhhhh..... I am sooo about to go freeze some right now! :love:

I just made a super yummy fruit salad with canteloupe, grapes, strawberries and rasberries! And I have a big tub of grapes..... they will be frozen, ohhhh yes they willll!
  • ablueskier
    ablueskier Posts: 104
    Options
    I was just introduced to these tonight. YUM. I immediately went home, took the grapes from my fridge and stuck them in the freezer.

I also like freezing a whole banana on a skewer and eating it like a Popsicle.
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Am I the ONLY ONE that can't STAND frozen grapes?! ugh!

Nope! I don't like them either...they're too cold for my teeth! I just LOVE them unfrozen, though!
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of the whole banana on a stick - gotta try that! Grapes ARE awesome when frozen!!

I always slice my bananas into a bowl with the juice I save from a can of chunk pineapple. (keeps the banana from turning dark)
    Then freeze the banana slices and the pineapple chunks. Once frozen, I put them in separate freezer safe ziplock bags.

Frozen cantelope and honeydew melon are good too!!
  • mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new here. This reminded me that I have some in the freezer from last week...I better go eat them!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do don't cut them in half and microwave them....No ....Just don't do it ok!

Ok, now I have to go buy a new microwave just so I can try this - haha
  • szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Frozen mango chunks are delicious too!! :)
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    i dont like fruit at all but i think ill try freezing it
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thanks for telling! I am going to try it - and the raspberries too!