Exercise Motivation

jefaivre
jefaivre Posts: 3 Member
edited September 24 in Motivation and Support
Any tips or groups out there for sticking with an exercise routine? I would love to get up early in the morning and get it out of the way but my snooze button is way more appealing.

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/184298-march-morning-workout-challenge

This is a link to a challenge group that I'm a part of. The challenge is to get your exercise in early at least 2x per week. The snooze button is really appealing to me, too. But when I think about hitting it, I remember what I want to see when I look back on my day. Do I want to see that I slept in, or do I want to see that I kicked my self into gear and got a good workout in?
  • I have the same problem! My husband is very disciplined but I would much rather sleep! I'm starting p90x again tomorrow at 5am...terrified I will fail! The first time through I did it with my husband. This time I'm trying it solo...we'll see.
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    One of my big motivations is extra calories! It's SO hard for me to stick to 1200 calories, but when I excercise (at 5:30 am), I get to eat more. Big motivator. :D
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    For me it was finding an appropriate goal. I leave for Hawaii in 29 days. ;)

Beyond that, I'm not a morning worker-outer. I try, I fail. Ive just conceded that I need to workout in the afternoon. I didn't run yesterday morning either, so came home and did it at 9 pm last night....
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    I make sure that I have a race scheduled so that I am working towards something bigger.
    That challenge sounds like a great idea though.
  • beerbomber
    beerbomber Posts: 184 Member
    I try to run with Nike and "Just Do It"
This discussion has been closed.