7-week challenge WEEK 3 challenge details/weigh-ins

Options
Alright so I hope you are all doing well with this challenge! It sounds like you are all making some good weights so nice job!! The results of the past two weeks are still up in the air. It's hard to track down and account for all the members of this challenge (roughly 100 members) and try to remember which team captains are still around. So please just know that I'm trying my best and that I will announce winners eventually. I believe there are two or three teams without captains right now so that's going to be time consuming.

Anywho, here are the details for this week's challenge!!

Week 3
Walk/Run at least 2 miles each this week (greatest distance in total wins)

Notes for this week:
If you have a machine that keeps track of distance, use it! If you want to elliptical instead of run/walk go ahead!
You can space out the 2 miles
You have to track your miles with some type of electronic device. I.e. counts on a cardio machine, phone app. If you don't have either of these, try going on a track and keep track of how many miles you go. This is just so that there's no "guesstimating"

Keep up the great work!

DISCLAIMER: This group is closed. However, if you'd like to join us for the next challenge, stay tuned!

Replies

• destoni85
    destoni85 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Rock on...!
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Excellent - I've already completed the challenge :-)
  • xomakaxo
    xomakaxo Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great idea! :)
  • MattAxtell
    MattAxtell Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Love it... I need to get running again, and this is the perfect motivation to put in some good miles this week!
  • naebear99
    naebear99 Posts: 73
    Options
    I typically do this at least three times a week. Would have today, but my alarm decided I needed to sleep in, so I'll be late to work this morning, and likely skipping lunch break - which would be when I usually walk.
  • Stacebob85
    Options
    I might be being dense here, but does running on a treadmill count if I record the distance?
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Hey, Team Captain for Team West #2 still here;) The challenge should be easy for me, I ran 5 miles yesterday and will run 8 miles this week.
  • anjelt
    anjelt Posts: 21
    Options
    oh boy!! better get on the treadmill!!
  • little_lion
    Options
    Just to confirm - i can count any distance that i run or walk on the treadmill and any distance i do on the elliptical?
    my machines work in kms but at the end of the week i will convert it to miles :) xxx
  • sylvia1970
    sylvia1970 Posts: 134
    Options
    Oh wow! an excellent challenge. I just downloaded cardiotrainer over the weekend that has GPS map and tells me how many steps i've done, how many miles i've done and how long its taken. It even tells me how many calories i've burnt.

Already done 2.5 miles so i'll be adding it all up by friday evening.

Good luck everyone
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    tagging week 3 thread!

i'll keep on my 10K training - should do 8 miles altogether this week!

missed my goal by a pound on Saturday, i think due to some water retention. here's my hope for this week:
    SW: 158
    GW: 156.5

i'll have to weigh on Friday because i'll be out of town for the weekend. Good luck this week!
  • alicia116
    alicia116 Posts: 13
    Options
    This is a great challenge...just wish I would have read this before I went to the gym. The only day that I don't write down my distance while I was on the treadmill, and so now I can't count it because I don't remember the distance. Oh well, now I will have to go even more!
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    Bump for later
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Awesome, if I can go to the gym again this week then I will have these 2 miles in the bag! LOL
  • Nuts4play
    Nuts4play Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    run/walk 2 miles this week... check!
    Will do :)

So we don't just have a 7-week challenge? We also have weekly mini-challenges :) Oh! Like the first week we were supposed to avoid chocolate! I get it :)
    I missed what last weeks challenge was.
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    This challenge is perfect for me -- I'm starting the C25K program this week. This will give me extra motivation!!
  • chrissyb1985
    chrissyb1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • beechick
    beechick Posts: 50
    Options
    Great way to get me to transition from walking to jogging. I'm ready!
  • bromk
    bromk Posts: 34
    Options
    This one I can do easily. Already walked three miles this afternoon (my regular route). Gotta love more daylight and warmer temperatures!!
  • 10more
    10more Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm on vacation, but I should be able to get 2 miles in :smile: