Exercise at home?

Options
Any tips on exercising at home? I work full time five days a week, as a sales assistant, always on my feet and on the go but I really need to loose the tummy fat. Does anyone have a good quick and easy exercise regime I could use?

Replies

• lil_miss_stephy
    Options
    DVD's are good, also circuit training using your own body weight. Would just have to search online for different circuit exercises. Do like 1 cardio for every 2 strength for a total of 8. 1st round do for 60 seconds each, second round 45 seconds each last 30 seconds each. As is gets easier up your time to 90, 60,45. That is what my personal trainer had me do.
  • katnz17
    katnz17 Posts: 45
    Options
    I exercise at home. I've never been to a gym. Most of my exercise is a mix of little things: Stepping, Walking Up stairs, Cleaning (vacuuming works up a great sweat), sit ups (I find I do about 20 in a minute), strength training (lifting 1kg weights or even cans of food helps a little), rope jumping, walking (I have a treadmill but I often walk around the block a few times and take my dog out too).

Then I've been experimenting a little with aerobics. I found some free videos on youtube I've been using.

So it's a lot of mix and match, a minute on this exercise then a minute on that.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    seriously... i do the 10 minute youtube workout videos one after another when i dont feel like doing the on demand videos lol.
  • tifanieb
    tifanieb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I bought the zumba dvds and they are wonderful. they even have a 20 minute express. I recently got a hrm so it helps me know exactly what i burn with out having to stress it.

Stairs are good to go up and down great burn too.

ummm. i do a lot of videos. i am a stay at home mom of 2 boys and i don't feel like tryin to find a gym where strangers watch my kids. I also invested in an elliptical. It costs less that 5 months membership at any gym round here!!

good luck!!
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    zumba dvds really kick my *kitten* and they have like a 20 minute cardio and an hour long beginners. its still hands down one of the best workouts i've ever had at home.
  • trinityxoxox
    trinityxoxox Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was looking into getting Zumba. I think I might. I currently own two work out dvd's but lately cause of my job, I've not had energy to do it afterwards, also living conditions don't help much either. We're at my parents place still and I refuse to do a work out dvd in their presence lol