I want to cry (okay I did)

Options
I did my weigh in today I have been walking and eating under my calories I haven't lost a thing I'm so frustrated the tears came before I could control them. I'm so frustrated am I destined to be fat ugggggg okay I'm sorry bad morning :(

Replies

• lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get you down! If you're exercising and eating less you WILL lose weight, but you may not get an immediate loss!

As you lose fat, you will be toning your muscles which will affect weightloss, take your measurements for a more accurate indication of any loss
  • marreiros7
    Options
    don't give up. body weight fluctuates a lot.
    maybe try increasing physical activity.
  • Hoplost
    Hoplost Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, I was the same when I first started it took a while for me to see anything coming off my weight, but it is just your body building muscle and toning up, if you measure yourself you will see that your toning yourself up, the weight will start to come off but it does take a while to start with, stick with it and keep it up your doing great...... Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Same here... I've walked about 15 miles yesterday and 10 miles the day before, eaten well under my calorie goal, and I put on weight. not much, 0.5lb, but still... Felt like crying... :sad:
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements. I lost loads of inches but no weight for about 10 days. It will happen, but you must try and eat nearly all your calories as your body will go into starvation mode. Keep at it; it wil start to come off.
  • NoMoreThickyMickey
    NoMoreThickyMickey Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    We've all been there dear. My first week I gained weight and I bawled like a baby. Don't quit!! If you're taking in less calories and exercising, you will see a difference. The loss may not show up immediately on the scale, so like everyone else tells me check your inches. The scale doesn't really show my loss but in my clothes I see an immense difference. I had to wear a belt for the first time (in a very long time) on Saturday and it felt good.

Those tears you shed, they cleanse your soul. You can do this and you will do this. Don't give up :smile:
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Exactly. God know how many times I've cried and wanted to throw the scale out the window when I see the numbers not moving or shifting the wrong direction. You can't give up because it will happen. This is the biggest obstacle and you have to believe what everyone is saying. Don't give up and you will see a difference. =)
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    You might also find the links below helpful...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Good luck on your journey
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Weight that was gained over months or even years will not drop off in a week or even a fortnight. You'll just have to be patient and stick with it. It's frustrating sometimes, but it'll move eventually.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Been there! Done That! We all have! Weight is such a funny thing. A little at a time, keep at it, eat what you are suppose to even those exercise calories, It will come! Keep up the good work and remember that the scale is fickle and measurements are better!
  • tennesseegal74
    Options
    Thanks guys I knew you would make me feel better ya'll are awesome and I'm so glad I found this site. :heart:
  • traceytoo
    traceytoo Posts: 163
    Options
    Hi, I had that for 6 weeks, scales up and down like a yo yo, so my BF has hidden them cos it's too depressing - I looked at my diet and exercise and went back to square one - like it was the first day of my diet, amazing what things sneak in without you noticing .. try that, start as if day one, exercise like mad, step away from the scales - you'll feel much better, work really hard, eat really cleanly and don't weight for a couple of weeks.

:bigsmile:
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    im sorry your having a bad morning. im sure you will feel the difference very soon! it was only two weeks ago i posted how massive i felt after all the hard work i was putting in and the last few days iv looked and felt brilliant! i can really see the difference now! Just keep going!

Word of advice tho, if your exercising do not go under your calorie allowance. (depending on how much your allowance is) you will find it alot harder to lose weight if your body is starving because its not getting the total amount of calories it needs to fuel itself! Keeping a healthy calorie intake such as 1200-1400 dependant on your size and weight etc plus exercise should be enough to boost your metabolism and youll start seeing the difference sooner than you think! (im using an example based on myself)

Good luck!! x
  • geralyn61
    geralyn61 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    it's okay i had a whole week like that then the scale moved just DONT GIVE UP
  • char71165
    char71165 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am sorry you are having a bad morning. You hang in there. Your body is adjusting to a new way of being. Sometimes that takes a few weeks to start seeing the results in measurements and weight. Just keep on keeping on and come for support when you need it. Crying is okay too. :-)
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. This kind of scenario is ridiculously common, especially for women (given the pesky problem of water masking fat loss on the scale, particularly due to the menstrual cycle.)

Lots of women have this weird stall then whoosh cycle in place: they won't lose anything or even gain for a few weeks and then BAM, right out of the blue comes a big loss and the inches seem to melt off. Then comes another stall before the nest whoosh. Rather than their weight loss being a straight line it is a wave.

Just keep the basics in place and it will happen.
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    ((HUGS)) Its so hard when you are starting out. You think its all going to fall off like on Biggest Loser or something and it just doesn't always work like that. In fact, when that does happen its usually water weight or muscle or something that isn't really a good indicator of fat loss or health. Slow and steady wins the race and all that...and I know no one likes to hear that - I certainly didn't.
    But it will come off, and 3, 4, 6 months from now you will look back on this day (or post) and remember how far you have come.

Stay strong and be kind to yourself!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Are you working in 3-5 fruits and veggies into your diet every day? Do you have 2 servings of dairy as well? Are you watching your sodium and drinking all of your water? Sweetie, don't give up. It will take some time for you to figure out your body and what you need to do to lose weight. Just don't think you have to starve yourself to lose. You don't. I lost most of my weight eating around 1300-1400 cals a day and lightly exercising 3 times a week. Usually if I'm not losing, I've either exercised so much I'm sore (water retention in muscles) or gone over on my sodium.
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    :laugh: YES, "this weird stall then whoosh cycle" exactly describes it. Sometimes I confidently get on the scale, expecting a big loss, and there's nothing. Then after a week of just sticking to my goals but not doing anything special, whoosh!! I'm down two pounds out of nowhere. For most of us, serious exercise (of the kind we most expect to cause even, gradual weight loss) actually seems to intensify the stalling and whooshing.

Just keep doing what you know is right and eventually the whoosh will come. hehehe

Lots of women have this weird stall then whoosh cycle in place: they won't lose anything or even gain for a few weeks and then BAM, right out of the blue comes a big loss and the inches seem to melt off. Then comes another stall before the nest whoosh. Rather than their weight loss being a straight line it is a wave.

Just keep the basics in place and it will happen.
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    Really not a nice feeling, so there with you Hun on that one! I had really good losses over first 3 weeks then for the next 4 to 5 I was up and down like a yoyo, then a sudden big loss, I have now made the decision to weigh just once a month after my cycle as so dishearting when you log all the gains along with the loses, like as said above, it's like a wave, I just want to see it coming down. Don't fret you will start moving again x