Am I the only one??????????

Options
2»

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    You're definitely not the only one! In order to make myself drink more water I am trying to cut way back on the coffee and diet sodas--I am down to one or occasionally two cups of coffee a day, and only drink soda about twice a week. I am starting to drink alot more water, but I am not a fan of plain water either. I drink the flavored ones (not vitamin water, but the calorie free stuff) but noticed it has a lot of sodium in it...so I am training myself to drink plain water and add a bit of lemon or lime juice...I have had Metro mint water and it was interesting...gonna try the cucumber idea too.

Do you guys that have been working on the weight loss for a while, find that drinking lots of water really helps with weight loss?

Ellen
  • jstalittlecrzy
    jstalittlecrzy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    QVC sells "infusion pitchers"
    They have a tube down the middle that holds
    fruit - lemons, limes, strawberries, raspberries, ect
    They hod about 80 oz and sell for about 20 bucks
    Just a thought if you don't like water
  • forestdancers
    forestdancers Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love water now but way back when I used to prefer Coke or anything super sweet.

I find that upping my intake of water can sometimes make it a bit harder to enjoy so what I started doing it adding cinnamon. It is a tip that one woman said she used. Cinnamon regulates blood sugar so I think that it might help when a person is going to be eating easily metabolized carbs like white bread or ice cream.
    I find that dumping a Tbs on top of a big glass of water then waiting for it to soak up and sink works well. A straw is good since the solids will settle on the bottom and can be a bit strong if taken in a big gulp. Otherwise the nutty sweet flavour works to keep the water from being so boring to get down.
    If you don't like the powdery mess in your cups my sister adds a cinnamon stick to a 2 litre jug and lets it sit 24 hrs or so till the water takes on a bit of a cinnamon flavour. I tend to like it strong and the health benefits of it so I use powder. I don't think it is possible to overdose on it since I think that I have had about 6 or more Tbs in a day but did find myself getting tired of it in every glass.

Hope this helps.
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    I can't drink cold water (unless exercising) but I find that having 3/4 hot and 1/4 cold goes down very well and I can easily drink 8+ glasses or mugs a day (my mug holds 14fl oz!!).

Other than that I use herbal teabags or a slice of lemon - works well in hot or cold.