weigh in question

Options
If you have a gain on your weigh in, do you log it or do you only log your losses?

Replies

• boomstick13s
    Options
    i log gains and losses, i feel like i'm faking it if my number stays the same when it's not what i weigh.
  • mish2378
    mish2378 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I log everything and if I do gain I look though my log for the week to see where I went wrong
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    gains & losses.
  • kabullard
    kabullard Posts: 41
    Options
    I only do the losses :)
  • Dizzyone825
    Options
    I log both so I can see why I gained .
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I log a gain if it's a true gain. But around my period, I always gain a few pounds, so I don't always log that because it's water weight. When that happens, I'll just do a new weigh-in a couple of days later and log my true weight. If I were to gain fat though, I would log that.
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Yes, I`ve been logging gains for about 3 months. If a week or 2 goes by with no loss or some gain you`ll see the results of your work 2 or 3 weeks after that when looking at a longer time line. Short term result of 1 or 2 weeks aren`t very indicative of whats going on, look at your progess in terms of months.

Any loss of 4-8lbs in a month is a good success.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    BOTH! Logging the gains motivates me to do something about it, and logging the losses gives me a feeling of triumph so I try harder. Otherwise, I'd just play games with myself.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Both!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I only log losses. I weigh everyday and see my fluctuation patterns. They are definitely there. So I will only count when it drops to the lowest for the week.

Scale goes up on the weekends (I'm not as strict on the weekends). Then it goes back down through the week. If there's a loss I will see it on Thursday or Friday.
  • pollysunshine
    Options
    How often do you weigh yourselves? Every day? Once a week?
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    log everything if you want to be truthful to yourself.
  • mindy71183
    Options
    I log both. Logging a gain makes me track everything more and work out harder, logging a loss encourages me to keep on at what I am doing! I feel as if I am lying to myself if I don't log both.

I weigh myself every day (twice a day), but I only record my weight after my Thursday morning weigh in.
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I log a gain if it's a true gain. But around my period, I always gain a few pounds, so I don't always log that because it's water weight. When that happens, I'll just do a new weigh-in a couple of days later and log my true weight. If I were to gain fat though, I would log that.

I like this! My friend is visiting me and my weigh in today showed a slight gain but I decided not to count it. you just made me feel better about that decision! A few days and I'll re-weigh in and get a more accurate number!
    Thanks!
  • OperaticAnnihilator
    Options
    I usually only log my losses but recently I gained like 3 pounds and I stayed at that weight for a week so I decided to log it. I think it helps you to see how you are doing.