Must Love Dogs?

Options
Hi!

Looking for some other dog-loving individuals who want to be MFPals and won't mind the occasional rant about how wonderful my pup is. =] I also work with dogs, so rarely get a break and they're often the subject of my thoughts.

(I realize I sound like a crazy dog-lady, but I swear I'm not. :D)
Thanks!!

Replies

• MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Pick me, pick me! LOL I'm right there with you - I've got 2 and they are wonderful! And they help keep me fitter!
  • sturgill
    sturgill Posts: 118
    Options
    Love my dog also- his name is ralphie - he is a bassett hound 8 yrs old. will look forward to your post :happy:
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am a big dog person.. I just got a new one after my pomeagle passed in December. So I am back to 2 dogs..
  • StefBeeney
    Options
    I also love dogs... my profile pic is Brutus (my deaf Boston Terrier) Feel free to friend me
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    Would love to hear someone else RANT about their dog right now.... Mine is sick so cleaning up after her mess it not a fun topic to rant about......
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure that my friends get real tired of hearing about my pup! I think besides exercise and flying she is the only other topic that I ever talk about lol
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    i love my dog her name is trixie and she's a german shepard mixed with a few things. and yes she helps me get fitter.
  • dbosh
    dbosh Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Please send a friend request. I am on the board of directors of our local animal shelter. We currently have two dogs that are both animal shelter alumni. For the most part, I prefer the company of dogs over that of people.
  • lovemydachshund
    Options
    My family is my life; which include my dogs. I have a mini weenie dog and an aussie mix. Feel free to friend me.:smile:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I LOVE DOGS! Currently I'm in school to be a college professor, so I told my husband that when we get rich enough, I'm going to adopt all the older dogs from the shelters! Most people want puppies, but I would love to give the older dogs a fun, loving home for the rest of their lives :)
  • lovemydachshund
    Options
    Ah Brutus is so adorable!
  • angelicac123
    angelicac123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love my dog!! :happy: I have an English bulldog named Darla and she's almost a year old.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I have a Rottweiller Wolfhound mix. He's HUGE but oh so lovable!!!

My pup pup is so funny! He finally got use to me doing my step workout and my stair climber, but then I went and got an elliptical. He doesn't like that at all. Guess its just too much bouncing around! LOL...He barks the whole time I'm working out. He's so funny! Then he tries to attack it and gets bopped in the head. Poor baby. Hope he gets use to it. LOL
  • Johnny760
    Johnny760 Posts: 30
    Options
    I have a rat terrier mix, see profile picture. I got him about 3 months ago and I'm still in the process of training him. But he's a great motivator for excercising and losing weight. When I first got him I would walk him about 2 miles a day/3-4 days a week. Now I take him 4-6 miles a day/6 days a week, and I take him to the park to fetch on my rest day. Nothing is more motivating than when I'm sitting on the couch watching TV and he brings me his leash.
  • LauraAkaTigger
    LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    ive 2 mad pugs called Alfie and Chuck!! they are crazy but thats what i love about them!!
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    I have two dogs. A German Shepard Dog and a Greyhound. I have had my GSD since he was 8 weeks old. My Greyhound is a retired racer from Colorado Greyhound Adoption. Great dogs.
  • TiredOfBeingRound
    TiredOfBeingRound Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    me too!! i have a 3 year old ger shep/aus shep mix and joint custody of a lhasa/****zu mix...(he spends time at my house and my mom's!)

feel free to add me if you like!!

woof woof!
  • zarala233
    zarala233 Posts: 33
    Options
    (^_^)/ Me! I looooove my baby! He's a 3 y/o Basset Hound & it's my husband's adoration. My boy sits in the middle of the night to watch my husband sleep! I swear they're in love with each other. It's a love triangle.

2772495.png
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    My pup just helped me work out! I think she wants to take our walk outside now! ^..^ woof!
  • ashleighk2010
    Options
    Everyone sounds like they have some lovely pups. =] I work at a doggy daycare and have experience with lots of breeds but I can say I don't love any more than the rest! They're all great.

My dog is a 1.5 year old Heinz 57. No guesses as to what he is, DNA testing him this summer. Most people, upon meeting him say 'what IS that?" Not even 'what breed is he?' =[

Poor Charlie.

However, he is the brightest, sweetest, most intuitive dog I have ever met! He's got great obedience but I'm enrolling him in a basic class soon to improve his distraction training. We're going to do agility this summer so he has to get over his teenager ADD! =] I'm not competitive in dog sports by any means, he's just got a high jump to die for. :P

Charlie.jpg