Does anyone else have a problem with eating in the evening?

Options
2»

Replies

• stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    If you know that you're going to snack, then plan for them. I have at least 5 snacks with me/planned for each day - some berries, greek yogurt, baby carrots, grapes or another piece of fruit, and a juice bar just before bed. This is in addition to my normal meals. It helps keep me out of 'binge mode'.
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I need a snack in the evening too. I try to save at least 200 calories for the evening snack. Then I have popcorn or pistacchios. Both are very filling.
  • april_denise
    april_denise Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have this problem also. It happens around 10-11pm and I'm going to start doing what people have mentioned, planning this meal with healthy, low cal snacks... I love celery and carrots so I'll probably start with that. But yeah, I don't think it's a problem unless you're choosing the wrong things to snack on.
    I didn't have any good snacks for last night so I just didn't eat anything and I find that I'm much hungrier this morning than usual. So I'm going to the store today to get some good snacks for those late night cravings. :smile:
  • Bethannny
    Bethannny Posts: 66
    Options
    That happens to me too. Most of the time I end up cheating on my diet in the evening. I try to make sure I save enough calories that will fill me up in the evening by eating lightly during the day, but without going hungry. I usually try to save my last 600 calories for the evening and eat something heavy.
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the great reply's, I feel much better now knowing I am not alone on this issue. Thank you, for all the great ideas,too.
  • michelec64
    michelec64 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    During the week it's not much of a problem because I only have about 2 hours downtime between dinner and bedtime, so I have to keep it light or I'll be up all night with indigestion. The weekend is a different story though with me grazing an hour or two after dinner. I'm early in the MFP journey so I'm still trying to fine tune what I'm eating and how much.
  • executron33
    Options
    This is probably my biggest problem. I love to snack at night...and it adds up to probably more than I've eaten all day.:grumble:

Disneygal, what on earth is your avatar? I don't believe I have a dirty mind...but that just doesn't look right at all.