Anybody else around here is NOT a gym or exercices routine t

Options
2»

Replies

• WeatherGurl1129
    WeatherGurl1129 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely not a gym person either! I have a free gym membership through work, but I mainly go and do the spinning classes there. I've noticed that I do better when I'm being directed, so a class, DVD, or Wii Fit are easy, no-thinking exercises for me to do.

On my own, I like to go jogging outside around my neighborhood (~2.5 miles), biking, or play on my company's softball team. Those exercises I can do willingly and enjoy them.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I'm not a gym or routine person either. I haven't exercised in 3 weeks, and in that time, I've lost 1 lb. I struggle with food too. I know if I stayed under calories, I would have lost more, but stress is a huge challenge for me.

Before that, I'd been waking up early and exercising 2-3x/week @ home using Exercise TV. I'm planning to try running this spring/summer. I had tried it in the fall, but it quickly got too cold and I don't have a treadmill (or room for one). I surprised myself by being able to run 2 miles, but my goal is to be able to run 5 before it gets too cold again. It's intense, but MUCH more enjoyable that a video workout.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I have a gym membership, but in 2011, I have decided to make my exercise more outdoor activity instead of mutely running in my hampster wheel, watching silent cooking shows on TV. I also have my own weight bench in the garage.

My current 'routine' is running intervals at the track while my 5yr old plays soccer on Monday nights, lifting weights on Tuesday evenings in the garage, taking a long walk on Wednesday with my daughter and dog, incorporating sprinting into the walk, lifting weights on Thursdays in the garage, running intervals at the track on Friday while 5yr old plays soccer infield, and lifting weights on Saturday along with an outdoor activity such as frisbee golf, tennis, walking the mall or festivals or fairs or the beach. Anything as long as it is something 'active' vs sedentary.

It's a lot more fun than going to the gym every night and with this routine, I'm actually losing weight again (and toning!)