When to exercise

Options
I wake up every morning about five o'clock. I don't feel like eating that early but I've heard that you should eat within a hour of getting up. That's just to early for me. And should you eat before you exercise? If so then I have to eat really early. Any suggestion?

Replies

• yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I don't eat within an hour of getting up. You should do what is best for you. I get up at 5:15 to work out and don't eat until I get to work-8 AM. I just don't have the time in between then, so I have to do what I can. I do drink water though.
  • Ningymouse
    Options
    I get up 430 and i don't eat, I have no time before going to the gym. I chew gum. Then when I come home I don't eat til 715. That's just cause that's the time I have to eat. Not due if its right but that's the only way I can do it.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    The idea behind eating soon after you wake up is to get your metabolism going for the day. If what you are doing now is working for you, I wouldn't worry about it too much. But if you want to try boosting your metabolism with a bit of food, it wouldn't take much. Maybe try a small protein shake/smoothie or even just a cup of low fat milk or juice before you work out. Then you could have the rest of your breakfast after you are done working out.
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'll try that. I need to get in more dairy anyway.