On my own???

Options
I'm getting a little frustrated lately..Here's why....
In Oct 2009 I weighed 295 and had lap band surgery
In Aug 2010 I weighed 210 and pleatued...so I got on the stick and started an exercise routine which worked.
In Jan 2011 I hit my initial goal of 170 yay me!!....I decided I still got 20 pounds to lose and found this site..
I was so excited to get new friends and learn new ways to workout.
Had my band loosened in Feb 2011..... I wanted to do the rest all on my own.
I started working out like crazy...I run 2 miles 3 times a week and alternate eliptical and 30 Day shred the other 3 days and try to take 1 day off... I try to burn a minimum of 650 calories a day and stay under my calorie goal almost everyday if I go over it's rarely more then 100 calories.

heres the bad news.... I have gained 6 pounds..... I'm so mad at myself ....I try to say it's muscle or it's water but I FEEL FATTER clothes feel the same except around my legs it's tighter ...It's been 2 months of working my tail off ....So should I go in and get tightened back down or do I give it more time and bump up my routine even more?

Any advice would be appreciated...

Replies

• thor9424
    thor9424 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    give it a few more weeks. It could really be that you are gaining muscle. Try not stressing. Stress causes you to gain unwanted stomach pouching!!
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Are you eating all of your exericse cals, if not you should..
  • BrianCousins
    Options
    I agree with thor9424 - just stick with your plan and give it time. Your plan is spot on. Cardio and watching caloric intake is a proven method of weight management. You are making major transformations to your body. Stay the course and the results will be better than you expected.

Excellent job, keep it up!
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Are you eating all of your exericse cals, if not you should..

I agree...with that much exercise, you may not be eating *enough*. Play with your numbers and see what works, but in any case, definitely give it a couple of months. You are doing an amazing job regardless!! Congrats!
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    why dont u try some swimming as an alternative exercise is a gd all over body workout
  • kerri76
    kerri76 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Give it a couple more weeks, maybe 2 and see where you are at. If the scale continues to creep up, get your band tightened. You can do this. You are an inspiration!!!
  • heidiscool
    Options
    Definitely do the rest without the band. It is totally possible. One thing that may be happening is that your body is so used to a very tiny amount of calories allowed by the lap band and now even staying at a moderate amount isn't working. Don't give up, just give your body time to adjust. You are also exercising at a very high level, but may not be getting the benefits of a good fat burn. The fat burn level is lower than the fitness level and you don't burn as many calories but you are burning the unwanted fat. I would recommend going to your nearest gym and signing up with a trainer. They can help you develop a fitness plan that incorporates strength and cardio training. The strength training will build the muscle you need to burn calories and look toned (and your clothes will loosen) and the cardio burns the fat.

The benefit to doing this without the band is that it becomes your forever lifestyle and you don't have to worry about going off the band and gaining weight ever again. You just maintain the new lifestyle that you've developed. It can be done!