Hello Everyone

Options
I work on a computer 8-5pm, from home.
Any tips on how to avoid eating & snacking at my desk?
I always feel I can get a little more done,if I eat at my desk!
I think this is why I'm in the shape I'm in?
Thanks
JB

Replies

• Joanberes
    Options
    I work on a computer 8-5pm, from home.
    Any tips on how to avoid eating & snacking at my desk?
    I always feel I can get a little more done,if I eat at my desk!
    I think this is why I'm in the shape I'm in?
    Thanks
    JB
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Don't eat in front of screens. TV or computer. You lose focus on what your eating and you focus on what you are watching.
    If you feel you need to snack, put some raw veggies by you.
    Make your home working like office working.
    You can take a break at this time, your lunch at that time.
    Most people get 2 15 minute breaks and 30-60 minute lunch.
    Try sticking to an office schedule.
    Just a thought.

And most of all-DRINK WATER:drinker:
  • csydow
    csydow Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi! I can really sympathize with you b/c I am at home all day with my son. It is too easy to go to the kitchen and grab a snack. I'm working on my self control by only allowing meals at certain times during the day.

Good luck!
    -Christy
  • IndyManda
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to this site as well, but I have been doing a lot of reading about fitness and weight loss to stay motivated. I am a stay at home mom, and got in the habit of not eating anything till after I make lunch for my daughter around 1 or 2PM. Changing my eating habits to 5 or 6 times a day, small healthy snacks made a huge difference. I would say eat if you are hungry, just make sure it's fruits or veggies. It may not be what you are craving, but those cravings for unhealthy snacks will go away after enough times of replacing them with something healthy. The other thing that helped me was keeping the 100 Calorie snacks around for when fruits and veggies just weren't enough. It's a good way to keep snacking under control without depriving yourself. I also agree that water is very important. Hope this helps, good luck!