breakfast calories

Options
If I am ona 1300 calorie a day diet, do you think 300 calories for breakfast is too much....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/jessicalaraineday?date=2011-03-09

Replies

• smithalcutie
    smithalcutie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i don't think it matters as long as you don't go over your alloted 1300 for the day
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what you have planned for lunch, dinner, and snacks.

I don't think 300 is UNreasonable. Personally, YMMV.
  • juldga
    juldga Posts: 119
    Options
    depends what kind of person you are. I love dinner so I stay under 200 for breakfast
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi,, absolutely not! That is perfect. I usually have about that myself with 300-400 cal for lunch and dinner and have 2 snacks also 200-300 cal. I'm never hungry and always satisfied:) Good luck to you~
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    No, you need breakfast to get you through the day!
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Not at all!... It's what your 300 cals consists of that counts... For example: 4 egg whites with 1/3 cup (uncooked) oatmeal is only about 200 cals and a filling breakfast! You'll need to eat every 2.5-3 hrs throughout the day too :)
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    Nope, not at all. Breakfast and lunch should carry your larger calorie counts. Making dinner the lighter meal, especially if you are retiring for the day after dinner. Just watch your calorie count and don't go over. A little exercise can add an additional calorie allotment if you have time for it. Good luck.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    As long as the 300 are good calories that don't leave you hungry until your next meal, it should be fine.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    would say about right
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Ive been finding the best results from being more 'calorie' heavy in the morning and lunch, then eating a light dinner (protein with steamed veggies...or something of that nature) and staying light in my calories there.
  • RoseEnvy
    RoseEnvy Posts: 21
    Options
    I think that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I always eat more for breakfast than for other meals because I have the whole day to burn those calories... I believe in a proverb: "breakfast should be like the king, lunch should be the prince and dinner should be the like pauper".
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Not sure how this applies directly to women, but Men's Health recommends a breakfast of at LEAST 250 calories, and no more than 500 calories. But like most others, I agree with the overall calorie count for the day...

MH also recommends Breakfast being your biggest meal, and then slowly wind down to lower calorie meals throughout the day.
  • StefBeeney
    Options
    Here is my 1300 calorie plan

Breakfast (630AM)... 120 Calories
    Morning Snack (10AM) 100 Calories
    Lunch (1130AM) 300 Calories
    Afternoon Snack (130PM) 100 Calories
    Dinner (5PM) 500 Calories
    Evening Snack / Desert (630PM) 100 Calories

This leaves about 80 calories left to eat when I feel hungry or to allow for day to day fluxuation
  • blondie_girl14
    blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big dinner person, I eat little things after the gym
  • blondie_girl14
    Options
    thanks, i dont really eat a big dinner if any, i'll have a couple small snacks
  • onefasternurse
    onefasternurse Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I use a 300 calorie average for breakfast on my 1300 cal diet plan. I do believe good choices in breakfast is a must because it needs to last through my busy morning.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    depends when you get hungry.

I prefer to eat light at the beginning of the day because i prefer eating more in the evening.

If i ate a big breakfast id still be just as hungry in the evenings, and end up going over.
    Saying that 300 isnt a huge breakfast. I think its about right. Mines normally about 250 give or take
  • blondie_girl14
    Options
    I use a 300 calorie average for breakfast on my 1300 cal diet plan. I do believe good choices in breakfast is a must because it needs to last through my busy morning.

Congrats on the weight loss, I hope you find an awesome bathing suit!
  • Beastiephile
    Options
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and you need that fuel to get through the day, ESPECIALLY if you are working out. Honestly...my breakfasts are usually around 500 cals (I'm on a 1200 cal diet and I work out daily to earn extra cals). If you don't eat a good, nutritional breakfast you will burn out by the end of the day. 300 calories is great, anything less I would think is not enough. =)
  • blondie_girl14
    Options
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and you need that fuel to get through the day, ESPECIALLY if you are working out. Honestly...my breakfasts are usually around 500 cals (I'm on a 1200 cal diet and I work out daily to earn extra cals). If you don't eat a good, nutritional breakfast you will burn out by the end of the day. 300 calories is great, anything less I would think is not enough. =)

I thought the same thing, and I usually have a lot of protein for breakfast like an egg sandwich and yogurt. and I do usually earn calories from the gym too, at least 300