How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
At the moment I weigh in only once a week on Wednesday mornings. I know my weight fluctuates everyday but the general trend is still downward. I was just wondering how other people stay motivated by their weigh ins. I often want to get on the scale everyday but the fluctuations can sometimes make me feel like I'm not doing a good job at dieting and exercising.

Replies

• rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    totally agree with you. I weigh in on Friday mornings. weekly flux is too much to monitor and makes me worry.
  • PrincessLacey
    Options
    every 2-4 days
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, sometimes every 2 weeks. If I feel i'm getting too fixated on weighing in - than I skip a week.

Have you thought about measuring yourself? Maybe you're losing inches and not pounds? I have noticed my clothes are fitting better (my pants are getting loose, HOORAY!), so that is always a possibility.
  • PrincessLacey
    Options
    every 2-4 days
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday and sometimes more than once a day. I understand how different things affect the scale so I don't get discouraged by the fluctuations. I watch for any abnormal gains.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Once a week that I track, but if I have a particularly bad day of eating (Sunday, that rack of ribs was calling my name) I check the scale and remind myself of what I'm working at. I don't flip if there's no loss, I certainly didn't put the weight on overnight so I don't expect it to disappear that fast either.

Besides I've bought new-to-me pants twice since December as over-all shape is changing!
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Thursday mornings AFTER I pee and BEFORE I eat or drink. Haha
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day (first thing in the morning) but I only log it once a week - and I prefer it that way. The suspense in waiting a whole week is too much for me and I also have much higher expectations after a whole week of healthy eating. At least when I see the daily flux, I know what works for me and what doesn't since my body response quickly to a bad day lol
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    once a wk, every saturday morning
  • Cbeth80
    Cbeth80 Posts: 49
    Options
    Currently, I weigh myself every other day, i know i should not, but lately i have been dropping the lbs daily and i wanted to see how much. But normally i do Monday and Friday
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm participating in the Air Force Soar Into Shape program and we weigh every two weeks. First thing in the morning, (TMI) after a bathroom trip, no food or liquid in our system. We do weigh in fully clothed, but ditch the shoes.
  • pabbott1964
    Options
    I think most professionals agree on once per week. Weight watchers is recommended by most doctors and the concept is very similar to this website. They weigh in once per week. I was with a doctors program and weighed in once per month. I do not think it is good to frequently weigh as you can get too focused on the scale, remember to watch your inches too. Good luck!
  • getson2010
    getson2010 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The "official" weigh in is every Monday. I don't wear anything but my skivys and it's always before breakfast. That way, the data points on the graph aren't affected by clothes, something that I ate, water, etc. I sometimes check my weight during the week though just because I feel like it, but I don't graph those on here.
  • Shellndub
    Shellndub Posts: 72
    Options
    Every morning after I use the bathroom. Can't help it :-)
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday and measure myself every other Friday. I would definitely recommend doing both. In the beginning, I was not seeing results as far as the scale went, but after measuring my waist, hips, neck, etc...I found that I had already lost 6 inches! It can be discouraging to not see the weight going down, but if you're excercising, you're probably gaining muscle, which can cause the inches to come off, but not the pounds. Good luck!
  • roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    is there a scales aa im addictied i weigh my self 3 plus times a day. i only change my weight one site once a week even if i was a pound lighter the day before lol but its a reminder to me to keep at it i dont fret over the changes as long as im down at the end of the week, im used to them now but i love the scales.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    friday is my official weigh in day, but i get on the scale whenever i feel like it. some times once a day, every other day - mostly when i feel like it but always on friday.

i'm not afraid of that scale. :)
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, as part of the whole bathroom routine. I'd never remember to do it once a week or whatever.

I know it will fluctuate, and I'm okay with that. I like seeing new lows appear and old highs disappear, and to see the way the graph wriggles its way down. It looks awesome on my iphone screen.

Oh, and I measure on the 1st, 10th, 20th, and 30th of every month. That's a new thing, though.
  • NanoReefDiver
    Options
    Every day though like many of you I wont officially (or mentally) get my hopes up till once a week. Getting on the scale in the morning is one of my motivations to tackle the day. I think I'll start measuring body parts once a week too, good idea!
  • fluffy831
    fluffy831 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Twice a week - Tuesday and Saturday.