core muscle exercises

Options
anyone got any tips or suggestions for core muscle exercises and trying to strength them... they're my main problem:sick:

so far i've got crunches, sit-ups, belly-dancing:huh: , and a few other random things from some websites...

thanks!

Replies

• obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    anyone got any tips or suggestions for core muscle exercises and trying to strength them... they're my main problem:sick:

so far i've got crunches, sit-ups, belly-dancing:huh: , and a few other random things from some websites...

thanks!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Get Turbo Jam's Ab Jam....it works the core big time!!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I've started using my MFP blog to post all kinds of articles about topics that I want to refer to later, and I have some articles there about getting rid of belly fat. A lot of the articles there are about toning arms since that's a major concern of mine right now, but you will find some about the stomac and core.

myfitnesspal.com/blog/brandnewlaura

You can also go to preventionmagazine.com and health.com and type in "core muscles" or "belly fat" and you'll get tons of good info!
  • Gator4RTR
    Gator4RTR Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have been doing crunches and Oblique exercises. Just trying to keep the tummy as tight as possible when I do them!! :wink:
  • obliged
    Options
    I've started using my MFP blog to post all kinds of articles about topics that I want to refer to later, and I have some articles there about getting rid of belly fat. A lot of the articles there are about toning arms since that's a major concern of mine right now, but you will find some about the stomac and core.

You can also go to preventionmagazine.com and health.com and type in "core muscles" or "belly fat" and you'll get tons of good info!

hmm it says your blog is set to private :huh:

thanks! just checking out those sites now
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options

I second this! Man does it make my core burn! But it's a good burn and it's a 20 minute session. I like to piggyback it onto the 20 minute cardio to do one big 40 minute workout, but it's great to throw in anytime you have 20 minutes to strengthen your core.

<3 turbo jam!
  • savanuh
    savanuh Posts: 52 Member
    Options

i tried going on your blog and it said its private:tongue:
  • obliged
    Options

I second this! Man does it make my core burn! But it's a good burn and it's a 20 minute session. I like to piggyback it onto the 20 minute cardio to do one big 40 minute workout, but it's great to throw in anytime you have 20 minutes to strengthen your core.

<3 turbo jam!

i just found this on youtube
    i'm going to do it now :bigsmile: and quite possibly kill myself in doing so :laugh:

thanks ladies!!! i always know i can count on MFP family :heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    rollingsmileyfacemedsize.gif
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Pilates, pilates, pilates...
  • Babs20
    Babs20 Posts: 8
    Options
    Try Turbo Jam. When I use it I really feel it in the core.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

hmm it says your blog is set to private :huh:

thanks! just checking out those sites now

Ahhh thanks for letting me know...I had no idea lol...I must have set it that way and forgot about it...I fixed it now though lol...thanks!