Carbs/Proteins/Fats

Sorry if this has been mentioned a million times. I tried searching but I don't think I am typing the right things. What does everyone have their goals percentages set as? What should they be set on? Thanks

Replies

• After doing a assessment at my gym to tell me how many calories I burn a day and how many I should eat, etc... the nutritionist said I should set my goals at 40/30/30 - 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat.

Hope that helps! :)
  • I've calculated mine based on weight, the amount of workout I do and type I focus on (which for me is endurance).
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Protein 45% 264g
    Carbs 30% 176g
    Fat 25% 65g

That's a total of 2350 calories

Eyery fourth day I double my total carbs and drop my protein to 200g.

For reference, I'm male and 186 pounds
  • jaydensmommy2010
    jaydensmommy2010 Posts: 129 Member
    maybe a better question would be, how do I know what to set mine at? I don't think the default is the best for me. I work out about 30-60 mins 5-6 days a week burning about 200 cals per 30 minutes. I don't know anything about any of this since I am new to calorie counting.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Carbs fixed at 100 grams or less right now. Ratio is set P35/C25/F40 for the calorie load I'm taking in right now. I've been upping the fat closer to 50% lately.
  • jaydensmommy2010
    I also calculated how many calories I should eat to lose/maintain and it is way more than what MFP says. For me it said 2363 to maintain, 1891 fat loss 1568 extreme fat loss. MFP had mine set at 1200... I'm so confused!! haha
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    maybe a better question would be, how do I know what to set mine at? I don't think the default is the best for me. I work out about 30-60 mins 5-6 days a week burning about 200 cals per 30 minutes. I don't know anything about any of this since I am new to calorie counting.

For someone trying to lose weight to get into a healty weight range, calories are more important than actual ratios. I have rather high protein and low carb ratios as I'm at about 12% body fat right now trying to get to single digits, 8% or so and that's where the ratios become more important.

That being said, I think MFP sets the protein a bit low so I'd think about upping it to 25-30%. I'd look to one of the previous posters %.
  • rebrafe
    rebrafe Posts: 64
    Mine is 50% protein/30%fat/20%carbs (or there abouts - depending on amount of exercise etc...on days that I work out extra hard, I up my carbs)
  • jaydensmommy2010
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member

YES...thank you for sharing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • surra
    surra Posts: 33
    No problem!
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    I shoot for 35/35/30 for Carb/Protein/Fiber. I just make sure that no more than 1/3 of my fats are Saturated Fats and that I get enough fiber during my day (38 g recommended for men under 50).
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Saturated fats are not the enemy, they actually protect your most vital organ. The ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 fatty acids is. Closer to 1:1 the better.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    I've got carbs 60, protein 10, and fat 30.
  • I tend to agree with some of the other posts. I think MFP has the proteins a little low. I know I go over the protein percentage on a regular basis, while my carb count stays way under it, but I should state that I am a diabetic, so carbs are NOT my friend. Mostly I just try to keep under the total calories allowed.