Silly Special Abilities?

Options

Replies

• thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    i can fit my fist in my mouth

Ima gonna wait for someone else to comment on this one. :noway: :tongue: :noway:

Not me, brother.

very funny guys!
    I though we showed remarkable restraint, How about you, Merv?

merv? you mean Perv? LOL
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    i can fit my fist in my mouth

Ima gonna wait for someone else to comment on this one. :noway: :tongue: :noway:

Not me, brother.

very funny guys!
    I though we showed remarkable restraint, How about you, Merv?

merv? you mean Perv? LOL

I agree my silence gave me a headache (and several moments of odd visual hallucinations).

Merv the Perv? Did we go to school together?
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I can say the alphabet backwards.

me too!! "the alphabet backwards". hehehe :laugh:
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I can put on 50 pounds in weight using only pie and beer!

I can write mirror image with my left hand, with joined up handwriting and everything, but only if I don't look.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I can lick my nose,
    I can also lick my elbow, even though it is suppsoed to be impossible,
    I can roll my tounge
    I can put my legs round my neck and walk on my hands Iyeah yeah yeah)
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Been doing tarot since i was 9 years old. Been involved with remote viewing since the mid 90's. (Finding missing persons, murders, serial killers etc..) Hypnosis, but I'm seriously out of practice. Don't get the wrong idea, I'm a hard line skeptic when it comes to fluff bunnies.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Been doing tarot since i was 9 years old. Been involved with remote viewing since the mid 90's. (Finding missing persons, murders, serial killers etc..) Hypnosis, but I'm seriously out of practice. Don't get the wrong idea, I'm a hard line skeptic when it comes to fluff bunnies.

I used to do tarot,havent in a really long time though
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I can trip over nothing.
  • Arester
    Arester Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have a tongue like Gene Simmons.

I can lick my elbow.

I have hitchhiker thumbs.

I can bend my thumb backwards and touch the back of my forearm. :happy:
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I have a very keen sense of intuition about people. (or I can say what Phil said..I can pyscho analyze you rather quickly)

I can trace a person from birth to adulthood in photographs with huge families :] I am very good at figuring out how people will age and how their face looked when younger etc..it's weird...it doesn't sound quantifiable, but I've utilized it in many random ways. It's kind of the same thing police sketch artists do when they 'age' someone.

I can read from any direction (can't most people? Idk..whenever I read upside down out of convenience people always act like it's magic wth)
  • xerinx2011
    xerinx2011 Posts: 222
    Options
    I can put my legs behind my neck.
    I can lay on my belly and touch the back of my head with my toes.
    I can hold my breath for ages under water.
    Im a great cook
    And i can knit!!:laugh:
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    I can drive with no hands.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I can pick up things with my feet.
    LOL, I think this is a trick we learned being overweight. We couldn't bend over or we lose all circulation to our head...LOL
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    I can put my socks on and take them off just using my toes. (I learned that little trick when I was a kid - my friend broke both her arms in a car wreck. I was being silly trying to show her how many things she could do without her hands! lol)

And I can tie a cherry stem into a knot with my tongue.
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    I have double jointed elbows also, and when I lay my arms out flat you can see the underside part of my arm, but the top of my hand.

I have this exact thing. My elbows swivel around, no matter what my hands are doing, and they bend back very far. It makes push-ups interesting, that's for sure. I can also raise each eyebrow separately and make my tongue look like a three-leaf clover. I have one hitchhiker's thumb. The other is normal. I can also nag anything to death. It's a skill.

Yes, it does make push-ups interesting!!:laugh:
  • amtcj
    amtcj Posts: 10
    Options
    Okay, it's not really an "ability", it's considered a "neurological disorder". But I see music. It's called synesthesia, and it's when stimulus in one sense produces a response in another, usually unconnected sense. Like seeing sounds as colors, lines, shapes etc. or tasting musical notes (C minor is bitter, etc.)

Some forms of synesthesia, like tasting musical notes or smelling colors, are more rare. The most common form is having colored weekdays (ie. monday is red, tuesday is green) and months. Letters/numbers to color is also very common. I have that one as well.

Oh, and in synesthetes there are two types- projectors and associators. Associators don't actually "see" the synesthetic response, they see it in their minds eye or have a very definite association. Projectors actually see their responses outside of their bodies, like on a screen in front of them. I'm a projector with my colored sounds and have associated colored letters.

Synesthetes are born with synesthesia and have it their whole lives. Some people experience temporary synesthesia after taking LSD, and a few people develop synesthesia after an accident/brain damage. It's true synesthesia, though, if the responses are always consistent (they don't change day to day or even year to year) and they're involuntary (you can't turn them off).

*takes off nerd glasses, shuts off PowerPoint*
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Okay, it's not really an "ability", it's considered a "neurological disorder". But I see music. It's called synesthesia, and it's when stimulus in one sense produces a response in another, usually unconnected sense. Like seeing sounds as colors, lines, shapes etc. or tasting musical notes (C minor is bitter, etc.)

Some forms of synesthesia, like tasting musical notes or smelling colors, are more rare. The most common form is having colored weekdays (ie. monday is red, tuesday is green) and months. Letters/numbers to color is also very common. I have that one as well.

Oh, and in synesthetes there are two types- projectors and associators. Associators don't actually "see" the synesthetic response, they see it in their minds eye or have a very definite association. Projectors actually see their responses outside of their bodies, like on a screen in front of them. I'm a projector with my colored sounds and have associated colored letters.

Synesthetes are born with synesthesia and have it their whole lives. Some people experience temporary synesthesia after taking LSD, and a few people develop synesthesia after an accident/brain damage. It's true synesthesia, though, if the responses are always consistent (they don't change day to day or even year to year) and they're involuntary (you can't turn them off).

*takes off nerd glasses, shuts off PowerPoint*

I know what that is..and HOW FREAKING COOL!!! I wish I wish I could see music!!!!! I'm jealous!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    I can write mirror image with my left hand, with joined up handwriting and everything, but only if I don't look.

WHOA! I can't quite do that, but I can write backward cursive (without a mirror) - sort of like Da Vinci, except I just write drivel, no concepts for flying machines, etc.

@chrissyh: I can do a pretty good shrieking chimp sound - I challenge you to a monkey-off!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    I can make a single lady give up guys.:smokin:

Hmmm....do you mean a single lady stops looking at other men after she finds you b/c you are the one for her :smooched: :love:
    or do you mean after meeting you she changes teams? :wink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm totally just busting your chops - !!
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    I can tie a cherry stem in a double knot and untie it in my mouth
    I know every move to single ladies LOL
    I can do a backbend and touch my hands to my feet....hmm I am really not very cool