PLEASE PLEASE THROW OUT YOUR SCALE!

Options
It just makes my heart hurt when I listen (or read) about people who are upset with themselves because the scale is not moving, yet they are losing inches and their clothes are too big for them!

Please please step away from the scale! Throw it out! Get out your tape measure!

Think about it: would you rather be a smaller and weigh more, or larger, yet weigh less??

I am 6' tall and I weight 160lbs. No one would ever think that I weight 160lbs...I've even been called "lanky"...but I work out, I'm muscular, and I'm dense!!! (in weight)....:laugh:

for all of those busting your butts in the gym and working so so hard, give yourselves some credit, you're doing great...watch how those clothes are fitting, keep taking those measurements, and for goodness sakes, THROW OUT THAT SCALE!!

Keep up the good work everyone! Remember, the most important thing about all of this health and wellness stuff is how you feel, and mental health is most important, or how ever small or light you get, you'll never be satisfied!
love yourselves!!!

Replies

• shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It just makes my heart hurt when I listen (or read) about people who are upset with themselves because the scale is not moving, yet they are losing inches and their clothes are too big for them!

Please please step away from the scale! Throw it out! Get out your tape measure!

Think about it: would you rather be a smaller and weigh more, or larger, yet weigh less??

I am 6' tall and I weight 160lbs. No one would ever think that I weight 160lbs...I've even been called "lanky"...but I work out, I'm muscular, and I'm dense!!! (in weight)....:laugh:

for all of those busting your butts in the gym and working so so hard, give yourselves some credit, you're doing great...watch how those clothes are fitting, keep taking those measurements, and for goodness sakes, THROW OUT THAT SCALE!!

Keep up the good work everyone! Remember, the most important thing about all of this health and wellness stuff is how you feel, and mental health is most important, or how ever small or light you get, you'll never be satisfied!
    love yourselves!!!
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    :happy: I just want to feel good! I'm with you on this one. Keeping too close of an eye on numbers can really play with your mind!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement. You're so right. Last week I was down in the dumps because I had thought I'd lose more than the pound I did because my clothes have been looser fitting than they have in a long time.
  • ginnie
    ginnie Posts: 44
    Options
    thank you i needed to hear that!:flowerforyou:
  • McKnightAM
    McKnightAM Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hey,,, arent you the girl that has a phobia of clusters?!?! ever since i read that post i have been so curious, everytime i see a cluster of something i think "hmmm i wonder if that bothers her".... like when you reply to something on this forum, you know how the smileys pop up all together on the side... do those bother you?? i'm not trying to sound like a smart @$$ , lol , i really am curious as to what bothers you, i am intrigued!
  • chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Options
    Thank You. I feel like an idiot cause that was my post tonight. You are right. It's not the numbers on the scale. I am going to have hubbs measure me all over tomorrow! Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am the girl that has a phobia of clusters, the smileys don't bother me, they're not close enough together....

Its hard to explain, and I can try listing some of the things that do bother me but its hard for me to do because I can already feel my anxiety raising thinking about typing it...here goes:

honey comb
    rashes (certain types)
    rain drops falling in a puddle
    dried oil bubbles in a pan or sink
    dried bubble patterns (like soap bubbles that dry in a sink)
    large pores in skin

those are just some, it really depends, I could see something for the first time and it will either bug me or not, but in other situations I try to avoid seeing them or I close my eyes, whats funny is I can watch a surgery on tv, like cutting someone open and playing around with their insides..that doesnt bother me...but raindrops in a puddle make me sick to my stomach and brings tears to my eyes. Pretty strange how the mind works!

** and Chubbymom, I hadn't even read your post when I posted this one, In no way was I directing it at you, I do health coaching for a living, and I hear that everyday! I hope it helps you though because its unfair to work yourself so hard and be frustrated at a silly machine :happy: